Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

435 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jul 3, 2011 6:50 PM by JackM08 RSS
JackM08 Rookie 1 posts since
Mar 16, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 3, 2011 6:50 PM

Question for Garmin 405 users

I currently use the adidas micoach to train.  Without getting in to details I am thinking of moving to the Garmin 405 from micoach because of the issues I have had with the micoach.

One thing the micoach does really well is that it has a web site where you can create training programs.  As you run you the micoach prompts you to speed up/slow down to keep you in zones during a run.  So, for a long run, you will start at a slow pace, move to marathon pace, speed up to half marathon pace, then conclude with a cool down pace.  This type of training works really well for me.

My question to you is does the Garmin 405 support this type of training?  Or could I preprogram this type of training in to my watch and will I get an audible prompt when I need to move to a different pace?

Second question is, has training with the Garmin 405 improved your perfomance.

Thanks in advance

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...