Team Challenge Run Coach for the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America (Columbus, OH):
Columbus Team Challenge is looking for a Run Coach for the Fall 2011 season. This season, we will be training for the Las Vegas Half-Marathon on December 4th, 2011. The training is scheduled to take place between 8/27/2011-12/3/2011. The position of Run Coach is a contracted position that provides coaching services to participants for the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America.
We are looking for the following qualifications:
1. Develop weekly training schedules for participants to run a half marathon at beginner and advanced levels.
2. Coach will develop training courses and secure park permits if necessary with the help of staff from CCFA.
3. Each group training session is started with stretches and last minute information for a successful training session.
4. Ensure that all participants are supported throughout group training session. Coach is to stay until every person finishes safely.
5. Organize clinics throughout the season to teach participants on correct clothing, shoes, hydration, stretching, sports psychology, etc.
6. Be available for staff and participants weekly via email, phone and in person for any questions relating to training for a half marathon.
7. Assist staff and participants as necessary during event weekend and ensure that all participants finish their race safely. All coaches on site event weekend support all Team Challenge Participants for CCFA. The Run Coach will work alongside the Walk Coach to decide when and where trainings should take place.
As a coach you will receive:
-Compensation for training the participants of Team Challege
-An all expenses paid trip to Las Vegas for the Rock n’ Roll Las Vegas Marathon/Half-Marathon.
-The opportunity to train and work with individuals who are taking the challenge to
help find a cure for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
Please visit the Columbus Team Challenge page for more information.
Please E-Mail Cover Letter and Resume/Relevant Experience to:
ACTIVE is the leader in online event registrations from 5k running races and marathons to softball leagues and local events. ACTIVE also makes it easy to learn and prepare for all the things you love to do with expert resources, training plans and fitness calculators.