Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

913 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2011 10:16 AM by protometal RSS
protometal Pro 124 posts since
Aug 31, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 8, 2011 10:16 AM

Schwaggle - How does an Active Membership "Sell Out"?

Hello,

Today, I received an e-mail about a discounted Active Advantage membership ($25 for one year). I have been interested in signing up, but the regular price was a barrier to sign up for something that I wasn't certain about. Therefore, I was happy about the opportunity to try it out for a discounted price.

I clicked on the link to make a membership purchase and found that it was "Sold Out". How does a membership program sell out? Why would there be an articficial, limited number of these offers? This "deal" went from a pleasant surprise to a great disappointment. This is not the way to promote Schwaggle or the Active Advantage program and it has served to turn me off to both. (I understand these "offer" programs often are time and quanity limited, but this one doesn't make sense).

I greatly enjoy the Active website including the articles and forums, which makes this even more disappointing.....

Protometal

"Whether You Think You Can or Can't, You're Right"-- Henry Ford

Upcoming races: Super 5k 2/3/13

Select Recent Results: Brooksie Way Half Marathon - 1:49:09 (Half Marathon PR), Open Door Julie Run 5k - 22:16 (2nd place age group, PR)

Check out my Running Blog: http://clippinalong.blogspot.com .

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points