Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

33712 Views 284 Replies Latest reply: Oct 6, 2011 5:47 PM by midwifemom RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 ... 19 Previous Next
  • JaimeLF Amateur 20 posts since
    Jul 10, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Jul 11, 2011 4:29 AM (in response to Poizonivey)
    Re: July 11th C25K!! Who else is running!?

Bonnie-Welcome!  It certainly is easy to fall off the wagon!  I have been pretty terrible in the past of getting started and stopping.  This time I am going to do it.  I have already got my eye on a race in October.  Is your husband retired due to disability?  Mine is retired and home full time with me.  So we are both stay at home parents!  I have a 10 months old and am trying to get rid of about 30 extra pounds myself.  (Too many oreos and fast food while pregnant LOL).  I am in South Carolina.  Where are you at?

Jaime

Jul 10, 2011
    16. Jul 11, 2011 4:48 AM (in response to FallenAnjel)

Fallen Anjel, Congrats on losing 19 pounds!  I started run/walking today.  You are doing better than I if you can run for 90 seconds.  One minute was super hard today!  I have an 8 year old little girlso our children are close in age!

Good luck!

Jul 10, 2011
    17. Jul 11, 2011 4:51 AM (in response to TrinaAK)

Trina, LOL I can relate to over doing the running and hating it!  I resolve to move slowly this time! 

I have never heard of the myfitnesspal so I am going to have to look into it this morning. 

Jaime

Jul 10, 2011
    18. Jul 11, 2011 4:53 AM (in response to JMarv)

Welcome Pavingmyway and Jmarv!

Haley-Congrats on the job!  I too am a sugar addict and working to change my habits!

Jaime

• gymgrace24 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 11, 2011
    19. Jul 11, 2011 5:07 AM (in response to ThinBound (Jaime))

I will def join you guys! I have teetered back and forth with starting to run again for awhile now, but the realization that I want to look my best for my wedding has given me the extra kick in the butt I needed to start!  I am 23 and just graduated college recently. I work full time but my fiance works evenings so that is the perfect time to do my running. My problem is I have bad knees and I push myself too mcuh too fast and then am hurting for days after. I am sure you all know how that goes!! I look forward to motivating each other!!! Good luck everyone!! =)

• TrinaAK Amateur 12 posts since
    Jul 10, 2011
    22. Jul 11, 2011 7:12 AM (in response to ThinBound (Jaime))

First jog tonight, but thought I'd pop my head in before work...

Jaime (Thinbound) - I hope your little boy recovers quickly!  Thanks for organizing this site for us!

JaimeLF - great job on the run early this morning!  I would need major motivation to get my butt out of bed that early, as I tend to hit the snooze button way too much!

Bonnie - I hope to join you being back on the band wagon!

FallenAnjel - Great job on the weight loss thus far!  I also had thought about adding an extra jog/walk day, although this is before I've even attempted my first day!

gymgrace - congrats on the upcoming wedding!  When is the big day?  Working out after work during the week seems to work best for me as well...

Haley - congrats on the new job!  And the positive thinking!  We all CAN do this!

JMarv and pavingmyway - glad you're here!

Hope I didn't forget anyone...

• AmyMB70 Rookie 2 posts since
    Jul 11, 2011
    23. Jul 11, 2011 8:32 AM (in response to ThinBound (Jaime))

I started last night, and other than getting lost in my own neighborhood, it went well. :-) (I'm completely directionally impaired...)

My short-term goal is to participate with my husband in the Warrior Dash at the end of August, in North Carolina.

I plan to run on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, around 7:30 in the evening, when it's starting to cool off but isn't dark yet.

• MissyVal Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 11, 2011
    24. Jul 11, 2011 10:41 AM (in response to ThinBound (Jaime))

I am starting today too! A friend just told me about this site, how wonderful it was to see your thread. Good luck to everyone!

I use MyFitnessPal too and look forward to this journey and completing my first 5K in September. I am 35 years old, work full time, two children 5 & 6, Marine hubby deployed.

• Poizonivey Rookie 7 posts since
    Jul 10, 2011
    25. Jul 11, 2011 10:56 AM (in response to JaimeLF)

Hey Jamie,

I am in Colorado, having just moved from Georgia. Hubby was discharged due to disability not retired. Are you or any one else going to do the C25K on the tredmill? Having a little one in the house is really hard to find time to get outside and run since hubby doesn't get home til after 6 and I am a night owl, so waking up early for me is the pits!

• Couch2IceCreamTruck25K Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 11, 2011
    26. Jul 11, 2011 11:08 AM (in response to ThinBound (Jaime))

Count Me in as well, I will go for a run some time after work today; Good Luck everyone!!!

• Trailblazer68 Rookie 2 posts since
    Jul 11, 2011
    27. Jul 11, 2011 11:10 AM (in response to ThinBound (Jaime))

Hi Everybody!  I am in week 3 of C25K.  I ran this program last year, completed it on October 13th and on October 14th my world crumbled due to a family issue and I didn't put my running shoes on again until three weeks ago.  I enjoy this program and I intend to run in a 5k race when I complete it this time!  I also ride my bike (rode 17 miles on Saturday) and try to eat right (try, try, try!)  I run and bike with my husband and let me tell ya, if we didn't do this together I wouldn't be nearly as motivated to get out there and go.  We run on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.  I'm 42, a little out of shape and have never been a runner so when we initially started I thought I would never be able to finish it but I did and it's a great program because it eases you into the running so you don't get overwhelmed.  Good luck and have fun!

• neonjeckel Rookie 8 posts since
    Jun 29, 2010
    28. Jul 11, 2011 11:11 AM (in response to ThinBound (Jaime))

Hello all. I am starting C25K for the third time this evening, and I love the support network this site provides. I am a 31 y/o married father to a 6 month old boy. I successfully completed C25K last year, but shortly after I reverted back to being lazy again. I vow not to do that this time! I want to make a change this time that lasts the rest of my life, not just a few months. I can attest to the incredible level of support people here can provide, and I look forward to offering support to everyone and benefiting from it as well. Good luck to everyone!

Frank

• nyla100 Expert 59 posts since
    Jul 23, 2009
    29. Jul 11, 2011 1:32 PM (in response to ThinBound (Jaime))

Hi everyone, I too would love to join as I am just fed up with myself lol.  I've tried and stopped C25K more times than I care to admit, and I can list the ways I've let myself get off track without even thinking.  Nth time's hopefully the charm!  I'm 40, no kids and live in Southern California.  So I definitely don't have weather as an excuse   While technically I'm only about 5 lbs overweight, I'm not very toned or as healthy as I could be (I swear I'm not trying to be obnoxious.  I'm very petite, so even a few extra pounds makes a significant different on how I look and feel).  I started playing tennis again after a long layoff, but I find running is what really improves my endurance and stamina (and burns those calories!)  I also do yoga, so I'm planning to incorporate that into my off-days.  I'm looking forward to following along with everyone's progress as we all move toward our goals!

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.

Steve Prefontaine

1 2 3 4 ... 19 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...