Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

841 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 12, 2011 5:06 AM by GreenMountainGirl RSS
GreenMountainGirl Rookie 3 posts since
Aug 5, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 11, 2011 6:42 AM

Stomach Ache and Vomiting 1 mile in

Good Morning All,

I'm a relatively new runner. I ran a little bit about a year ago, just enough to walk/run a half marathon with my mother, but stopped shortly after. I recently took up the sport again, and finished C25K a few weeks ago. Lately, I've just been trying to run 2-3 miles 4-5 times a week. However, lately, everytime I run, I get about a mile in and my stomach hurts! I feel nauseous. It feels almost like menstrual cramps. Some days it's better than others. Sometimes, I just have to walk for 3-5 minutes and then I can finish my run with no pain at all. Other times, I walk and it gets worse, and I'll vomit and have to just slowly walk home. This is very frustrating to me as I want to be able to comfortably run a few miles without any problems. I run at a relatively slow pace 11-12 minute miles, usually in the morning around 5:30.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be causing this or what could help me get over this hump?

Thanks so much for your help!
Jessica

-Jessica

Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors.
Try to be better than yourself.
--William Faulkner

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points