Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

442 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jul 13, 2011 2:39 AM by Running Aficionado
Running Aficionado Pro 188 posts since
Jun 7, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 13, 2011 2:39 AM

Things You Can Learn From Distance Running

"Running taught me valuable lessons. In cross-country competition, training counted more than intrinsic ability, and I could compensate for a lack of natural aptitude with diligence and discipline. I applied this in everything I did." - Nelson Mandela

Running, especially long distance running was once a sport only for young fleet-footed men. However, in the course of three decades this sport had had surprising changes. More and more people began to realize its many benefits. This includes the gift of camaraderie. For all runners, old and young, a key aspect of running is in friendship, fellowship and camaraderie of like-minded people. That is why people from all walks of life consider running as one valuable sport.

The following are just some of the many lessons you can learn in pursuing the sport in running.

"Things You Can Learn From Distance Running"

Marathon Running

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...