Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

834 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 30, 2012 1:21 AM by east bay tri
leahhenny Rookie 2 posts since
May 1, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 15, 2011 2:29 PM

SF Bay Area/East Bay training partner/coach/club

I am a 35yr old age grouper in Oakland. Have done Olympic distance tri's and currently training for a half ironman at Vineman/Barb's Race at the end of July. I have been training hard all spring/summer and am loving it but I'm starting to get a bit lonely on all of the long runs/bikes/etc. I'm looking for a training buddy possibly, or maybe a club to join. Does anyone have any opinions about the san francisco tri clubs - SF or Golden Gate? Do either of them have many east bay members? Also, I am looking to pick up my speed and get some tips on nutrition and running form so would love to find a coach I could have a few sessions with. Any suggestions for good bay area coaching?

Thanks!!!

• east bay tri Rookie 2 posts since
    Oct 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Nov 30, 2012 1:21 AM (in response to leahhenny)
    SF Bay Area/East Bay training partner/coach/club

I know this is quite old, but the Tri-Valley Triathlon Club is located in the San Ramon, Dublin, Pleasanton, and Livermore area.  Additionally, they practice in the Fremont, Union City and Newark areas.  Many of the members are located outside these areas including Benicia, Walnut Creek, San Leandro and Oakland.

TVTC offers different memberships including personal coaching.  They brought over 30 people to Pac Grove in Sep 2012 and will have about 40-50 people compete at Wildflower in 2013.  They are definitely worth a look!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...