Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

604 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jul 23, 2011 9:05 AM by R-hizzle RSS
R-hizzle Amateur 22 posts since
Jan 21, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 23, 2011 9:05 AM

Question about recent partial Meniscectomy to medial right knee

Hi all, i dont know if anyone has been following my recent thread, that i recently had surgery to remove the frayed, unrepairable,medial part of my right knee. I'll hoping that someone else has had a similar  surgery and can gve me some timeline on recovery and what to expect in the future.

Here's a break down of my stats: have been active all my life. Injured knee running a 5k in April '11, Mri determined that i had a torn medial meniscus. Had arthoscopic surgery 4 wks ago, partial meniscectomy, where the damaged part was removed.Doc said,"no problem u'll be able to run again". I was on cruches for 3wks( not one wk most people say), currently still finding it difficult to walk, up and down stairs is a challenge. I am doing PT 2x's per week working on quad and hip strength and flexibility. I am riding my spin bike everyday, except PT days where i ride there. PT says to ride bike everyday. I have not had much pain or discomfort in the meniscus area(some), but more soreness in the quad.

I would like to know how long it took for someone is good shape to return to running? Please don't believe all the hype that says, if ur in gd shape u will b back running in 6 wks. My ortho doc told me i will recover from the surgery in about 6-8wks. I don't think so. P/T says my swelling alone can take up to 6mnths to completly gone. I'll b lucky to b back running in 4mnths. Feels gd on the bike anyway. Thanks

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points