Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

627 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 18, 2011 5:29 AM by coach shawnp
coach shawnp Amateur 10 posts since
Jan 9, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 27, 2011 9:01 AM

2011-2012 18UA Jack City Angels Open Tryouts Aug 28th 11am-2pm

The Jack City Angels 18A team will be holding open Try-Outs For the 2011-2012 Team August 28th 2011 from 11am to 2pm at Jack City Sports Center 1158 Auburn Rd Dacula GA 30019  Registration will begin at 10:30.  Pitchers and Catchers may be asked to stay longer.

All postions are open to competition, including pitcher and catcher.  If you are interested in trying out please complete the evaluation form and email is back to me

Here is an idea what we are looking for :

In order to be successful we need to players who are dedicated and willing to give 100% all of the time.  That inculdes practice, games, and on their own.  You will be expected to not only work out with the team but on your own, hitting lessons, pitching lessons, speed and agility training. etc...

This 2011-2012 Angels will be focused on ASA Nationals and Showcase tournaments. We will be playing at the highest level.  We will put the girls in a position to move to the next level if that is what they want.

We also will only take girls who believe the team and its success is the most important thing above their own personal stats, position or batting order.  Too many times with travel teams we get individual players with a ton of talent who are not willing to put the team first and they become a distraction.

The coaches and only the coaches decide who plays were, where they bat, and if the player needs to bunt, steal, hit ect...  If you are not willing to buy into what the coaches want then this team will not be the best fit for you.

Playing time will be earned, as much as I would like to have every player play every inning, it is impossible to carry 9 girls on a roster, so people will be on the bench.  Every practice the girls will get equal amount of time, and if they earn the starting spot the next week they will get it.

I coach a certain way, I am not going to scream and yell at girls during the games as long as I am getting 100% effort out of each player.  I believe that in order for the girls to play well and give 100% they need to be having fun.  Through my years of coaching I have seen this be the case.  Remember this game is for the players not for coaches and parents.

Unfortunatley as with any travel team there are costs involved, probably looking at 1000-1500 for the entire year, plus travel expenses.  I don't make any money off the team, we pay as much as everyone else.  All of the dues go toward equipment tournament fees, uniforms ect...  There will be fundraisers and things that you will be expected to particapate in.  If you choose not to do the fundraising you will be responsible for your players share. Once we set the roster and budget, myself or the team manager will send out a schedule for payment, everyone is going to have to stick to this schedule, by sending it out early for the entire year I should be able to make it be smaller monthly payments instead of 2 or 3 large payments.  Hopefully this will be easier on everyones wallets.

Once you make the team and are commited you will be expected to play soley for the Angels, we have let people pick up alot in the past and will not this year.  When we are off we need the girls to be at practice to work out any issues we are having.  With that being said you will be expected to be at every practice and tournament.  The schedule will be out well in advance, and you will be expected to plan for it. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Coach Shawn

678-462-9520

coachshawn@bellsouth.net

http://www.eteamz.com/JackCityAngels/

Attachments:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...