Skip navigation

665 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2011 10:43 AM by ValerieAlbanese RSS
LauraKDecker Amateur 16 posts since
Jul 28, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 28, 2011 8:13 AM

Favorite training gear, and why?!

I am currently in training for the NYC Marathon in November, and am about to try my first pair of New Balance 890's with REVlite shoes (PSYCHED!).  I love new gear and encorporating new products into my training regimine so I'm curious what some of your favorite training gear is??  My new shoes should be here in a couple of days for their first test, my long weekend run where we will bond over 13 miles through Prospect Park in Brooklyn NY.  I'll let you know how they feel, they only weigh 9.7 ounces (less than 1 Apple) so I should be flying through my runs!

WHAT GEAR DO YOU LOVE??   

• CassieTomchik Amateur 9 posts since
    Jul 29, 2011
    1. Aug 2, 2011 12:00 PM (in response to LauraKDecker)
    Re: Favorite training gear, and why?!

I am a grad student and on a tight budget, but I have found a few things that I have to splurge on. Good socks (I love Asics), and good dry-fit clothing (esp in the Texas heat and humidity!).

Good shoes are a must, and I am looking forward to trying my NB 890's that just came today!

• ValerieAlbanese Amateur 24 posts since
    Jul 30, 2011
    2. Aug 3, 2011 10:43 AM (in response to LauraKDecker)
    Re: Favorite training gear, and why?!

Ladies, what did you think of the shoes?! I've run in them twice now and I can't believe I like them so much. I say that simply because I swore I'd never wear another running shoe other than Mizuno. I'm pretty excited to have found something new that I really am performing well in! Cross your fingers that continues.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points