Skip navigation

1402 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 30, 2011 8:47 AM by girlssoftball RSS
TN_softball_mom Amateur 8 posts since
May 8, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 28, 2011 3:03 PM

BEWARE

After not finding a place or authority to report a bad coach, I have decided to let it be known here.  I do not want anyone else to experience what we went through this summer.  We played on a 14U Nashville Nighthawks for Steve McNeil.  He promised the girls many things (warm-ups, new uniforms for world series, ASA ball) but did not deliver.  He also promised the support and resources of the Nashville Nighthawks resources and also never delivered.  He used that as a hook to get players, but never carried through, always having an excuse.  He was caught in several lies, telling one parent one story and a different parent something else.  He would talk about players to other parents and stopped coming to practice the last few weeks.  He was constantly asking different fathers to coach the team so there was very little consistency through out the summer.  When we went to the World Series, he never showed up and when parents starting comparing notes we believe a couple of thousand dollars is in question.  If you want a good dependable team, do not play for him.  I have noticed that he has post under a different name starting a 10U team under the Nashville Nighthawks umbrella.  It is my intentions to send details to the Nighthawks organization, who was not involved in the team, but I want other parents to be spared this experience and only wished someone had told me before committing to the team. He is jojo256, so be careful before joining his team.

• TN Lady Braves '01 Amateur 28 posts since
    Jul 28, 2011
    1. Jul 28, 2011 7:50 PM (in response to TN_softball_mom)
    Re: BEWARE

This is Steve Hunnicutt, the person that was requested to be the new 10U Nighthawks coach.  I have been watching the posts regarding Steve McNeil throughout the day.  I am very disappointed that the possibility of starting a new team under the Nighthawks organization has begun with such animosity.  So, I have decided to sever my association with the Nighthawks organization and begin a new organization TBD.  I have worked with and coached both my daughters’ teams for the past nine years, and have been commended by many parents as being a coach that truly cares about the players, while pushing them to become the best players they can be.  I have NEVER been associated with the activities that are mentioned in the previous posts.  I truly hope that any family considering me as their daughter’s coach in the future will give me the chance to prove myself as an honest, hardworking, and dedicated coach.  I will be reorganizing and scheduling a tryout in the near future.

Steve Hunnicutt

TN Lady Braves '01

• girlssoftball Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 28, 2007
    3. Jul 30, 2011 8:47 AM (in response to TN Lady Braves '01)
    Re: BEWARE

Coach Steve Hunnicutt,

This is Mike from the Mizuno 99 team.  Lexi Lou and I are so happy you are taking a team.  We know you will do great with the parents and kids.  You are a very honest person.  I highly recommend all interested parents contact you and we will be looking for Lilly to tear it up with her speed.  Good luck.  If you need anything, contact Mizuno 99.  We will try an assist.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...