Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

8415 Views 60 Replies Latest reply: Sep 3, 2011 1:55 PM by googleeye RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next
  • googleeye Rookie 6 posts since
    Aug 9, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    60. Sep 3, 2011 1:55 PM (in response to teacherintraining)
    Re: Just started C25K (@W1D2) You too?

I'm still here.  Just got back from my 2 weeks of work.  Didn't do too much running while at work, but my job is fairly physical, so I guess I'll count that as weight training.  LOL  Anyway, I try to run every day while I'm at home to make up for the lack of running at work.  I started on Week 3 day 1 again when I came back and did all three days.  Today I went out and did Week 4 day 1 and was surprised that I didn't have much trouble at all with the 5 minute intervals.  I thought it would be worse.  The route I run is a little longer than the program takes to finish, so I just add another segment at the end.  I felt so good by the last 5 min interval that I just kept running till the end of my route.  My last segment ended up being a little over 9 minutes and I felt like I could keep going, so I guess this works.  Not long ago I was worried about the 3 min intervals.  I usually wake up and have a glass of water and an apple before I go running, but today I added a little protein in the form of some turkey breast and a couple slices of cheese.  I don't know if that made the difference or not in how much enregy I had, but I'm going to keep doing it.  I don't post on here much because of my work schedule, but I do check in when I have internet access so keep posting.  Good luck to all of you.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points