Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

13639 Views 76 Replies Latest reply: Oct 4, 2011 5:37 PM by Erleen 1 2 3 ... 6 Previous Next
Jerri Davis Pro 61 posts since
Aug 4, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 8, 2011 2:36 PM

Newbie Starting C25K on Monday, August 8... and Weight Watchers

Hello All....

If you are like me and looking for a little encouragment, I am a new (definite penguin) runner for the time.  I am starting C25K for the first time on Monday, August 8th.  If there are others who would like to join this thread, I'd be thrilled to start this journey with you!

I have been walking the past couple of days, just to get my body used to moving.  Nothing overly strenous, just a mile and a half or so in about 30 minutes.  It's been good and I have slept really well this weekend thus far.

My goals for this program are to:

1. Lower Blood Sugar/A1C1 by 1.2

2. Lose 40 lbs by Thanksgiving

3. Find something that I can do just for me and love it and look forward to it (Though I hear it may take a while to get to this stage!)

4. Run in the Philadelphia Pumpkin Pie 5K on Thanksgiving Day 2011

I am also starting Weight Watchers Online and was wondering if anyone else used the combination of WW and C25K?  Any advice or help would be appreciated!

Getting ready to go out for W1D1 in about an hour and a half.  Kind of nervous and excited all at the same time.  I'll let you know how I fare!

Looking forward to some great responses....

Jerri

There are times in life when "I can't" becomes a dirty word. For me, that time is now!

I can do anything I set my mind to do.

I am strong beyond my own belief in myself.

I am loved beyond measure and without judgement or expectation by those who truly matter.

To all those who believe in me... Thank you!

To all those who doubt me... Sit back and watch!

To all those who want to join me... let's be friends!

• PaintedPiglet Rookie 3 posts since
    Aug 8, 2011

I'm starting in the morning! So excited! Goal number 3 is definitely my ultimate goal... We can get there!

~Piglet

• runnermommy3 Pro 139 posts since
    Feb 6, 2011
    I'm almost done with C25K now, after starting initially in January - right when I started going to WW. It's been a fabulous combination! I'm down about 37 lbs since January 10th, and have dropped from a 16 to 10. Good luck with your journey!

Carolyn, wife to Chad and mom to three boys

Started WW and C25K on 1/10/11

Starting Weight: 184.4 lbs

Goal Weight: 130 lbs

Current Weight: 131.4

Rookie runner

Race results for 2011:

Shamrock Shuffle 8K 4/10/11 - 1:10:26

Bridge to Bridge 5K 5/7/11 - 39:59

Graham's Sundae 5K 7/31/11 - 38:48

Eagles Run 5K 8/6/11 - 38:28

Run for the Athletes 5K 8/17/11 - 39.04

Pumpkin Run 10K 10/30/11 - 1:12:24

Hot Chocolate 5K 11/5/11 - 34:24 - PR!!!!

Fox and the Turkey Trot 4 miler - 44:34

Snowflake Shuffle 5K - 35:11 - last race of 2011

Race results for 2012:

Shamrock Shuffle 8K 3/25/12 - 56:42!!

• DocImm Amateur 8 posts since
    Aug 5, 2011

Dear Jerry

I'm glad that u started this thread. I started C25K on 7th Aug. Yesterday I successfully did W1D2 and felt wonderful. Hope to stay around till the end.

@Runnermom3 : Can u tell us in a bit more detail about how u combined WW with C25K?

Started C25K Again -  6 August 2011 - weighing 254 lbs

GOAL = To lose 50 lbs in 6 months

• and-she-ran Amateur 29 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007

GO JERRI!

I previously attempted Weight Watchers Online and lost about 10kgs but I completely ignored exercise! I think it's a big reason for why I ended up putting all the weight back on plus more *oh dear*

I felt exactly the same before heading out for W1D1 and when it was over I felt like I could take on the whole world!! I am due for W1D3 tomorrow and I am still as excited as I was on the first day so that's a good sign.

Can't wait to hear how you go!!

K

About Me
    Read more about my journey to get healthy, learn to run and find myself at http://and-she-ran.blogspot.com

About Me
    Read more about my journey to get healthy, learn to run and find myself at And She Ran...

• runnermommy3 Pro 139 posts since
    Feb 6, 2011
    My join date for WW was 1/10/11, and I started the C25K on 1/15/11. Right away I signed up for a race about 3 months out, so it would make me keep up with it. And once I saw how running/walking 3 days a week really kicked up the weigh loss, it was a lot easier to stick with it. I did hit a patch in late April/May where I wasn't running as much, and I also wasn't losing as much weight. Our local running store has a Walk2Run program, and I joined that on June 13th. That's given me an extra bit of accountability, and now my running has really improved.

Carolyn, wife to Chad and mom to three boys

Started WW and C25K on 1/10/11

Starting Weight: 184.4 lbs

Goal Weight: 130 lbs

Current Weight: 131.4

Rookie runner

Race results for 2011:

Shamrock Shuffle 8K 4/10/11 - 1:10:26

Bridge to Bridge 5K 5/7/11 - 39:59

Graham's Sundae 5K 7/31/11 - 38:48

Eagles Run 5K 8/6/11 - 38:28

Run for the Athletes 5K 8/17/11 - 39.04

Pumpkin Run 10K 10/30/11 - 1:12:24

Hot Chocolate 5K 11/5/11 - 34:24 - PR!!!!

Fox and the Turkey Trot 4 miler - 44:34

Snowflake Shuffle 5K - 35:11 - last race of 2011

Race results for 2012:

Shamrock Shuffle 8K 3/25/12 - 56:42!!

• DocImm Amateur 8 posts since
    Aug 5, 2011

Its such an inspiration to see the weight loss that u had.

Started C25K Again -  6 August 2011 - weighing 254 lbs

GOAL = To lose 50 lbs in 6 months

• LisaK718 Rookie 6 posts since
    Aug 8, 2011
    Hi...I am starting the C25K today. I joined WW on Sat. So far so good with WW. It was interesting the first night I worked 7p-7a because I am up for over 24 hours. I have no idea when my day starts or ends. I finally decided to just eat zero point foods after midnight. I hope it works...LOL. Hope everyone has a great day.
  • AuntHBomb Rookie 4 posts since
    Aug 9, 2011

I re-started C25K last night.  It's my third time since May 30th this year.  I am determined but have had some health issues that have hampered my success.  I'm thinking the third time is the charm.  Ultimately, I want to run in the St. Patty's Day 5K next year.  However, I plan on being able to do a 5K long before that date.

Originally I started the plan for weight loss and toning, but I am excited about all the other health benefits I am going to gain from running.  Good luck to all.  Nine weeks is a very short time, by Oct. 8 we should all be close to the 5K goal.

Heather

If you want it, you will find a way.  If you don't, you will find an excuse.

• newmee Amateur 12 posts since
    Aug 9, 2011

I too started C25K on Monday!!  I am also a WW member and have been since last October.  Mine has been a slow process, many ups and downs, but so far I've lost 35 pounds.  The weight has started coming off better since I've started exercising!  I've been walking 3 days a week for the past month and my boss recently challenged me to start C25K!  So, when I reach the end he and I are going to do a 5K together!

Started C25K August 8, 2011!!

1 2 3 ... 6 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points