Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

376 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Aug 12, 2011 9:47 AM by Mishezka RSS
Mishezka Rookie 2 posts since
Mar 3, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 12, 2011 9:47 AM

C25K-7thWk * Lets get a running group together! * [SFV/SCV/NE1]

Hi Everyone!

My name is Melissa, 20 years old, 110lb-5'3 yet had never been able to run farther than a quarter of mile without wanting to cry or puke. I came across the Couch to 5K program in May and by July 4th [at the 3th week of the program] decided to run the Sta Clarita Independence Day 5K. Results? 37.58!. I skipped a couple of weeks after that, and now I am on week 7 getting ready for the Lake Balboa Watermelon 5K Run 2011.

It would be so much more fun and encouraging to meet with fellow runners! [cofcof..icalledmyselfrunnerbahaha]. I live in Granada Hills, northern area of the San Fernando Valley, south of Santa Clarita and I am willing to drive a short distance to get together! I usually run right before the sun goes down, when there is light out yet is not hot-hot.

Anyone out there? My personal goal right now is to run a 5K under 25mins.. I am 12 minutes away from that! Seems far away.. Where are you at? How far before you reach your goal? Can your parents run faster than you? [I know.. makes me proud and embarrased at the same time x)]

Hope to get some replies! Feel free to email me to! mishezka@gmail.com

- Melissa

... Mishezka !

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...