Skip navigation

2220 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Dec 19, 2006 8:33 AM by mrscharim RSS
mrscharim Rookie 2 posts since
Jul 9, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 19, 2006 8:33 AM

100% Plant-based Diet- Works for me!

I had a cancer scare a little over 2 years ago. I had watched a couple friend of mine go from 6 months to live from prostate cancer to cancer free in only a few months. I watched how they changed their diet drastically. I knew that is what I would do if... I ever had a problem. Not knowing that all my minor problems would also be effected if I did the same as my friend. Anyway, 2 years later, I had my own crisis. Had to decide- taste buds or life. I had been researching very diligently those 2 years. I went from a S.A.D. to a 100% plant based raw diet. I eat lots of colors in my diet. Variety has been key for me. Let's see, my 32 years of menstrual cramps- GONE, 23 years of adult acne- GONE, 30 pounds of stubborn fat- GONE, ache in my knees while running- GONE, 15 years of yearly bronchitis- GONE, oh yea, cancer- GONE! I wouldn't have believed it... I was my own lab rat study. I look the best & feel the best I have in years. Many years. I have added a few cooked plant items to my diet. Still no meat, dairy, eggs, etc. No flesh or animal of any kind in my lifestyle of eating. I read "The China Study". WOW! Explains the why. The best book yet! I read "The Hallelujah Diet". WOW! Explains the how! I read "You're not sick you're thirsty". WOW! Explains the body's need for more water! I read "Senior Fitness" another great book that gives the athlete the why & how. I love it! I will never go back because I don't want any of my old symptoms back in my life... EVER! Life is exciting. I don't have to be sick. I didn't know that. I thought the stuff in the grocery store was good for me... not killing me... or giving me disease. I didn't realize the companies that were selling products were all about the bottom line- PROFIT. How silly was I? Wow! What a wake up call for me & my family. Life is good! My current goals are to be "Pill free, Pain free, & Disease Free" the rest of my long healthy life! So far so good! I actual look forward to turning 50 in 4 years! Now that is a miracle! ;o) Glad I was able to turn my life around from disease making to more LIFE! Thanks for listening to this veggie eatin' girl!

Love God, Eat Raw, Live Strong!

Chair

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...