Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1123 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 24, 2011 1:29 AM by RNmommyof3
5kmomma4 Rookie 2 posts since
Sep 3, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 3, 2011 2:43 PM

Starting C25K after 4th baby

I am tot ally new to running and just gave birth to my fourth girl on August 10th.  I had started this process before I got pregnant last year.  I truly have no idea where to begin. I was running in cross trainers (now i know the reason I had shin splints) and not very motivated.  This time around I have 2 goals in mind.  The first one is Thanksgiving Day.  That morning is the 5k  in Atlanta.  My next goal is the Disney Princess half marathon in February.  If my progress is slower than I would like I won't do the half marathon but the 5k @ Disney.  Anywho I am on here just looking for buddies to be with me on the journey!  This will be the healthiest I've been since having my babies!  I want to show them how to be healthy and active!  Can anyone give me pointers on getting started properly?? Thanks so much!!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points