Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

14052 Views 192 Replies Latest reply: Aug 9, 2007 7:16 AM by txshell RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 ... 13 Previous Next
  • Alemma Rookie 190 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    16. Aug 8, 2007 7:32 AM (in response to originalsuds)
    Re: Running Moms and Dads, Wednesday

DD#2 is sick.     So I'm not quite sure what to do since I have a million things due at work today.  I've given her some drugs, so if she is feeling better, I may take them to summer camp later and try to get in 5 hours of work.  The forecast is

104 degrees!

At least if the girls go later, they will miss swimming. With her ear ache, I don't want her outside or in the water.

I will miss my run today for sure. Humfp!!! I am so mad at myself right now. I knew I should've bought a treadmill before DH left. !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/mad.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/mad.gif|border=0!

I am one messed up Momma. My priorities are all screwed up.

OS - I see 3:35 next to your name too.     And I am just thrilled that I will be there to see it!  Well...I will be a couple hours late, but at least I get to congratulate you in person afterwards!

Kathy - Have fun at work and running tonight.

Ty - I hope everything goes well with your doc appointment today. QOD: I liked everyone's answer. But just in case you don't get a choice on her surgery date, then I would still celebrate her birthday party before her surgery.

Lee - WTG on your 3 last night!

fit - Good call about staying home. That is just crazy. I think I will call the girls' summer camp and find out if they are scheduled to play outside today. If so, then maybe I should just stay home all day today. Dean Karnazes...meh! WTG on your 6.5 miles this morning and in the humidity too! Great job!!!

Karla - Hope you had a great run.

Shell - WTG on your run last night! I love lightning bugs.

Amandamom - WTG on your run! And no pain...yippeeeeee!!!!

----

Alemma[/URL" target="_blank">

MySpace[/URL" target="_blank">

• txshell Rookie 488 posts since
    Jun 26, 2007
    17. Aug 8, 2007 7:38 AM (in response to originalsuds)

OS...don't get flip with me...you are not ancient! 

Amanda...glad there was no pain in the foot!

Alemma...hope your DD gets well...and 104! WOOOO that's hot!

----

I AM SUPERGIRL! ROCK THE CASBAH!
    My User Profile[/URL" target="_blank">

• MFarr26028 Rookie 172 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    18. Aug 8, 2007 7:38 AM (in response to originalsuds)

Good morning!

I had the best run I've had in a loooooooong time last night. I went for 5 miles and my legs felt sooooo good!! I loved it! !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|border=0!

Today it is rainy and gray. Will try to do something fun with the kiddos inside.

SUDS ~ WTG on your easy 4!

TY ~ Enjoy your nordic walking. QOD ~ That's a tough one. I would be tempted to say after so that she could enjoy her b-day fully, but wouldn't you want to get it done and over with asap? If you have it done before her birthday and she's not fully recovered by then, you could wait until she is back to her normal self to do something special for her b-day?

KATHY ~ That sucks having to go in early!

LEE ~ WTG on yesterday's 3!

FIT ~ You're so good getting those miles in before breakfast! !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|border=0!

KARLA ~ GL with your run!

SHELL ~ Good running last night, supergirl! !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/biggrin.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/biggrin.gif|border=0!

AMANDA ~ WTG on the pain free running!!

Marianne

Jun 26, 2007
    19. Aug 8, 2007 7:40 AM (in response to originalsuds)

Marianne...WOO HOO ON THE GREAT RUN! 

Dec 14, 2007
    20. Aug 8, 2007 7:40 AM (in response to originalsuds)

ALEMMA ~ Wow that's brutally hot!!!     Sorry about your dd - 

• karla43 Rookie 76 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    21. Aug 8, 2007 7:43 AM (in response to originalsuds)

Back from 3.5 slow miles.........not bad after I got the first mile done then it seemed easier than yesterdays run. Summer summer summer!!! I know it makes us better runners, I keep telling myself that when it gets hard.

txshell.................I commend you for running at 7:30pm, its still in the 90's, and who knows what the heat index is, I don't see how you do it!!! Nice Job!!!

Amanda..........nice job on the pain free run!!!

Alemma................((((DD)))))))))))) sorry shes sick!!! 104 ouch!! You sound frustrated today, take care of yourself!!!!!! (((((Alemma))))

----

Karla

“Gold medals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.”

- Dan Gable

Running Log[/URL" target="_blank">
    My Profile[/URL" target="_blank">

• LEEMBO34 Rookie 99 posts since
    Apr 13, 2006
    22. Aug 8, 2007 7:44 AM (in response to originalsuds)

HI

Shell
    karla
    marianne
    amanda
    alemma

Hope I didn't miss anyone.

alemma- hugs to dd. Hope she feels better. I need a treammill
    too  

• AndiD Rookie 107 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    23. Aug 8, 2007 7:46 AM (in response to originalsuds)

Good Morning!  I just got in from my 2 miles.  I got rained on so that was really nice.  I got is late from the ball game last night and went to bed late so I did not get up in time to do weights - I will attempt to fit that in tonight after work.

Suds - Nice job as always. I really could use some core work.

ty - Enjoy your lsd even if it isn't your preferred method of getting it done.

Kathy - Have a good day and a good run tonight.

Lee - WTG on the run. Sounds like you are getting your motivation back. I wish I could run Falmouth with you guys - i had a number and gave it up because of my foot.

Lynnette - Nice running this morning. I don't blame you for keeping the kids home in this heat!

Karla - Have a good run if you can in that heat!

Shell - I love lightening bugs! Have a good run at lunch.

Amandamom - Yay for no pain!

Alemma - I hope dd feels better soon and you can get a run in some way.

QOD - If the doctor says it can wait, I would wait.  If not, celebrate before her actual b-day.  She's only turning 3 so start telling her now that her b-day is in so many days and she will not know it is not the real date.  Sometimes it is better to lie to your kids!  

Jun 26, 2007
    24. Aug 8, 2007 7:49 AM (in response to originalsuds)

Karla...Good running! I guess I like running then because as it's getting dark it feels better to me

(((((((((((LEE))))))))))))

Andi...yeah for running in the rain!!!!!!!!! I'll take some rain again!

• karla43 Rookie 76 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    25. Aug 8, 2007 7:51 AM (in response to originalsuds)

Andi..............its nice to get rained on occasionally!!!! Glad you had a good run!!

MFarr............wow sounds like you had a wonderful run!!!! WTG!!!

----

Karla

“Gold medals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.”

- Dan Gable

Running Log[/URL" target="_blank">
    My Profile[/URL" target="_blank">

• AndiD Rookie 107 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    26. Aug 8, 2007 7:55 AM (in response to originalsuds)

Marianne - Sounds like a great run! 

I need to shower now so I am not late for work.  TTYL!

Dec 14, 2007
    27. Aug 8, 2007 7:58 AM (in response to originalsuds)

GM ANDI ~ WTG on your 2 miles!!  I'm so happy for you that you're back to running! 

• Jeanne015 Rookie 64 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    28. Aug 8, 2007 8:02 AM (in response to originalsuds)

Good morning.  I just returned from cycling at the gym.  I went to the dr.'s yesterday afternoon.  I have something going on with the tendon in my foot that goes from the big toe out to your ankle.  He doesn't think it's a stress fracture- but it's always hard to tell until it starts to heal.  I have to take 5-7 days off and x-train with cycling.  I'm on 3 advil three times a day, a cortisone patch/electrode thing that I have to wear 6 hours a day, and ice, ice, ice, and more ice (and foot ice baths).  He also said that my PF is pretty bad (although it feels okay right now to me) and I really need to work on stretching my hamstrings since my knees aren't too great (but they're not bad either).  So in all I was very, very, very happy!  The swelling has already gone down a ton so I'm confident I'm on my way to a speedy recovery.

Batmomm and I went to a nutrition clinic yesterday. It was interesting. The biggest things I learned-
    - just because a label says 0 trans fat there can still be trans fat in the food (we have to read ingredient labels).
    -water Gatorade/Powerade down to increase water/fluid absorption
    -eat a little protein with every meal- especially breakfast

I'll be back for shout outs.

• Sisu68 Rookie 123 posts since
    Mar 5, 2006
    29. Aug 8, 2007 8:05 AM (in response to originalsuds)

Good morning everyone-

no run for me yet today. I was going to do my 5mi tempo run before dh left for work but it was pouring rain and I couldn't force myself to do it. (plus I had an excuse because the running shoe store guy asked me to keep the new shoes dry in case I need to return them - ha!) I'll do it on the TM later - I have all three kids home so no chance of an outside run today. Can't wait to try out my new shoes to see if they feel better!

Alemma - sorry your dd is not feeling good. hope she's feeling better soon.

Ty - have fun on your walk! 3hrs of nordic walking sounds like a good alternative to an lsd!

Suds - if you are ancient you are very well preserved!! (I don't think you are ancient at all!)

Leembo - good job getting that run in last night after visiting your sister!

Shell - i just finished a particularly good cup of coffee, too. must be because my kids are still sleeping and I got to drink it in peace!! Good job on your tempo run last night! At 7:30pm I was enjoying a glass of wine and you were out there busting your a$$!

Kathyd - have a good day at work!

Fit45 - 6.5 before breakfast is awesome! that is some serious heat! It's supposed to rain here all day today - boohoo!

Karla - great job on your run !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|border=0!

Amanda - congrats on the pain-free run!!

Alemma - sorry to hear that your dd isn't feeling well. It's so hard when you have work to do and sick kids !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/frown.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/frown.gif|border=0! The treadmill certainly would be helpful on days like this! hope your dd is feeling better soon.

Marianne - your run sounds great! I love runs like that!

Andi - good job on your run!

One kid up now so I need to get breakfast ready.  have a good day everyone!

1 2 3 4 ... 13 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...