Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

13996 Views 192 Replies Latest reply: Aug 9, 2007 7:16 AM by txshell RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Previous Next
  • txshell Rookie 488 posts since
    Jun 26, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    45. Aug 8, 2007 8:39 AM (in response to originalsuds)
    Re: Running Moms and Dads, Wednesday

quote:

Originally posted by MFarr26:

I can tell I need new ones b/c my left shin and ankle are starting to become a little cranky.

I bought these shoes after this shin crankiness started...so either it's the shoes, or I'm having a hard time adjusting to the mileage or shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I don't even want to go there

• devilsfan67 Rookie 9 posts since
    Dec 6, 2006
    46. Aug 8, 2007 8:43 AM (in response to originalsuds)

GM all...
    Got in 5.2 again this a.m.

I need a new pair of running shoes too. Been doing some shopping online. Need some professional advice though. Need some extra cushioning to carry this 6 ft. 220 frame. Any suggestions accepted here.

Shell- I saw BB in June with my dd17. they were awesome.
    Listening to Thousand Foot Crutch new CD as we speak. Excellent stuff.

• Sisu68 Rookie 123 posts since
    Mar 5, 2006
    47. Aug 8, 2007 8:44 AM (in response to originalsuds)

quote:

Originally posted by Jeanne:

Sisu- Good morning! Enjoy your new shoes! What kind did you get?

Hey Jeanne! How are you? I got the same shoes I've been wearing just a half size bigger. I'm having toenail problems and the shoe guy thinks that going up a half size might help. I wear Saucony ProGrid Triumph 4s and I LOVE them! I wear orthotics and the foot part is pretty deep so when I wear my orthotics in them it doesn't feel like my foot is too high in them. I used to wear Saucony Grid Omni 5s but they were over-correcting me.

I wasn't planning on spending the $ on new shoes and I feel guilty.  The shoe guy did give me 20% off so that was nice but it was still $100 I feel like I shouldn't have spent!  I think I'll hold off on buying another running skirt right now!

Jun 26, 2007
    48. Aug 8, 2007 8:51 AM (in response to originalsuds)

Glen...I"ll have to check them out...

Advice...go get fitted

• mtsnorider098 Rookie 37 posts since
    Jul 5, 2006
    49. Aug 8, 2007 8:51 AM (in response to originalsuds)

Hey Hey everyone!

Happy Wednesday! I woke up late today so I BLEW off another run - course I walked outside to see if I should just get a short one in and... It was like walking near a campfire!
    I can't wait until fire season is over!!!! Visability is not even 3 miles.

The last 2 weeks I have run 20 miles/week with the LSD on Saturday. Since we are heading to cooler country with fires I am hoping that I can still get some runs in during the evenings. In Glacier Park the highs are supposed to be in the 70s and the lows in the 40s. Can't wait! We are doing our 12 m LSD on Saturday in GNP!

Congrats to all of you that got up and got moving! You are my heros this week! Those of you like me - that didn't get out there for whatever reason....I am with you! !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|border=0!

QOD - Ty - if I had the choice, I don't know. There are +/- to both... Have her look forward to her birthday after surgery type scenerio or be able to play with stuff from her birthday. Do you have the choice?? You could always do an "early" b-day if you don't.

Talk to you all later.

Jun 26, 2007
    50. Aug 8, 2007 8:53 AM (in response to originalsuds)

Tammy...I can't call you a slacker because of the fires...damn it!

• IEatHills4Meals Rookie 506 posts since
    Nov 21, 2007
    51. Aug 8, 2007 9:00 AM (in response to originalsuds)

Back from 10 miles of nordic walking in 2:45. The arm workout really raises my HR. Interesting. I had to slow down my walk  to stay within my MAF.

DH locked me out AGAIN. Believe me, he heard it today.
    I am rushing now. My appt is in 35 min. I stink and I'm humgry.

I'll catch up and do shout outs later.

Jun 26, 2007
    52. Aug 8, 2007 9:33 AM (in response to originalsuds)

TY...I thought you were supposed to be resting!

• karla43 Rookie 76 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    53. Aug 8, 2007 9:47 AM (in response to originalsuds)

Ate breakfast and iced my quads, and took a short nap!!! The nap felt good!

Jeane..........thanks for the nutrition tips!!

Sisu............hope the new shoes feel better!!! I am about ready for a new pair, I have 260 on my Kayano's I like to replace them every 300 miles!!

Abb..............Sat. party sounds fun!!!! Forgive my stupidity, is the Texans football, that an embarrassing question since I like here.

RFF............enjoy the rest, after three days of running its well deserved!!

txshell...........why is it we never have the money for our wants, cuz we spend it all on our needs or kids!!! That seems backwards.

devil...........nice job on the 5.2 today!!

mtsnorider...............it must be hard to live in a fire area and run, can't imagine the smoke and air could be go for you anyway!

TY............congrats on the Nordic Walking today, that seems like quite a workout for upper and lower body!!

----

Karla

“Gold medals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.”

- Dan Gable

Running Log[/URL" target="_blank">
    My Profile[/URL" target="_blank">

MySpace[/URL" target="_blank">

Jun 26, 2007
    54. Aug 8, 2007 9:52 AM (in response to originalsuds)

Karla...nap sounds really nice! Right now my kids are asking about school clothes shopping and I have no idea what to tell them yet. I got them 2 outfits so far. CACA...the reminds me that school supplies go on sale today. If it aint one thing it's another...

• runrmommy Rookie 41 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    55. Aug 8, 2007 9:58 AM (in response to originalsuds)

Good Morning!

Five miles on the hilly trail last night...was a GREAT run!      I'm going for 6 or more tonight...same trail.

SUDS ~~ Have a good day!  edited to add You are nowhere close to ancient!

TY~~ Have a great Nordic Walk! I think it would depend on how fast they could do it otherwise...if they could get it done and she'd have a couple of weeks recovery first then I might do that. If not, then I'd wait. (((TY)))

LEE~~ Have a good day at work!

FIT~~ The weather is nuts...you all are having heat waves and we are under normal right now...strange. Have a good day!

KARLA~~ HAve a great run!

SHELL~~ Good morning! Yikes! I hope your friend gets well soon!

AMANDAMOM~~ Congrats on the pain free run!

ALEMMA~~  I'm sorry DD is sick.     I hope she kicks it quick!  And it's GOOD to have yourself on your priority list!  A happy healthy mom is the best kind of mom!   !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|border=0!

MARIANNE~~ Yay for a super run!!

ANDI~~ Yay for rainy runs! !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|border=0!

JEANNE~~ Sounds like you have a good plan for your foot.  Sending you ~quick recovery*~ vibes! 

SISU~~ Good luck with the new shoes!

ABBIE~~ Have a good day! Sounds like a Saturday to look forward to! !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|border=0!

JAMAICA~~ Wow...sticky weather! LMAO @ your BF's suggestion!

DEVILS~Great running!  <br /><br />TAMMY~I can't believe the fires this year!  It must be so hard to run in that smoky air!

Good morning to anyone else that I missed!!

I need a cup of coffee now!

----

Kristin

• karla43 Rookie 76 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    56. Aug 8, 2007 10:00 AM (in response to originalsuds)

txshell..............I got my seventh grader her supplies, her list did seem smaller this year. And I am hoping in high school all they need is pen and paper, I get so mad every year spending so much on supplies!! Biggest plus for me, both girls agreed to carry the same backpack as last year, so thats a huge savings!

• runrmommy Rookie 41 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    57. Aug 8, 2007 10:03 AM (in response to originalsuds)

Geeeeez!  People take the last cup of coffee and don't make a new pot!!  GRRRRR!    

It's only 7:30am here.....I'm pretty sure there are other people who will want some coffee.... !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/rolleyes.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/rolleyes.gif|border=0!

Shoulda stopped at Peets on the way in..................

I get kinda whiney when I don't get my coffee..don't I?!  LMAO!

Jun 26, 2007
    58. Aug 8, 2007 10:07 AM (in response to originalsuds)

Kristin...aren't good runs great!

Karla...I have to wait till the first week of school to find out what my 8th graders teachers want. But I've already stocked up on paper, pens, pencils, highlighters, glue, the essentials. I refuse to buy kleenex

• mtsnorider098 Rookie 37 posts since
    Jul 5, 2006
    59. Aug 8, 2007 10:08 AM (in response to originalsuds)

quote:

Originally posted by txshell:

Tammy...I can't call you a slacker because of the fires...damn it!

Sure you can - I call myself that! I could have gotten my rear out of bed and headed to the gym for the TM. That is what I did last week.

I am hoping to get about 7 in between tonight and my LSD.  I hope that GNP is not too smokey.

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...