Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

6843 Views 92 Replies Latest reply: Aug 9, 2007 9:53 PM by Sisu68 RSS 1 2 3 ... 7 Previous Next
jbrindamour Rookie 171 posts since
Dec 14, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 9, 2007 12:58 AM

Running Moms and Dads - Thursday Edition

Hey all, since no one would probably see my late night post, I figured I might as well start the Thursday thread.   I know Suds will probably be  up in about 10 minutes anyway....nut.  Anyway, got in my 12 and change, though I was completely exhausted and considered bagging it before I ran.  I cut off about a mile and a half which was on dark park roads with absolutely no lighting.  Didn't want to risk getting hurt for a measly mile or so. 

Of course I'm glad I got the run in and salvaged the week. Got a couple of hoots and a "Hey Cutey!" from some inebriated women folk down by the lake bars tonight. That was a first, but certainly entertaining. It was really quite a beautiful night and comparably almost cool compared to the daytime high we had today. Night running is peaceful, but I always think tonight's the night I get killed by a drunk or trip on uneven concrete and do a face plant. My luck hasn't run out yet thankfully.

I was so craving Gatorade when I got home that I jumped in the car and went to get some. Of course with my luck, there was two loons buying like 30 12-packs of pop and they didn't have the right coupon or whatever, so I move to next register. 60 year old checkout guy is picking the lint out from between the keys with a pen. I am so frigging thirsty, I'm thinking, "Can you please just check me out Mother F*cker!!" I finally got through the line and went home and promptly downed 30 nicely chilled ounces of Riptide Rush. Ah, that hit the spot. Now I'm showering and going to bed. See you all tomorrow.

----

Who Me?[/URL" target="_blank">

Training Log[/URL" target="_blank">

1 2 3 ... 7 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...