Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

6677 Views 92 Replies Latest reply: Aug 9, 2007 9:53 PM by Sisu68 RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 Previous Next
  • tpenn40 Rookie 44 posts since
    Sep 19, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    30. Aug 9, 2007 9:45 AM (in response to jbrindamour)
    Re: Running Moms and Dads - Thursday Edition

Hey folks – I got an email today that put my whining about the heat in perspective…today in parts of Iraq it’s going to be 111 deg F, with highs this weekend reaching 117 deg F. 

So when you’re running and feel exhausted from the heat, take a moment and pray for those men & women in uniform across the ocean. They’re the ones doing the really tough work.

No time for shoutouts – hope you all have a great day!

• jeans541 Rookie 73 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    31. Aug 9, 2007 9:46 AM (in response to jbrindamour)

Good morning!

Rest day today. DH and ds8 are getting packed for Cub Scout camp, so I am staying out of their way. LOL DH is just figuring out how frustrating it is to help a child pack. I should probably help, but it's just too entertaining. Anyone have popcorn?
    oooh. now ds3 is unpacking the bag while DH isn't looking. LMAO this is getting good. I should probably put a stop to that--they might miss the toothbrush he just made off with!

Happy running/xt/resting today.  Be back later!

• Tawanda101 Rookie 43 posts since
    Nov 23, 2006
    32. Aug 9, 2007 10:07 AM (in response to jbrindamour)

Good Morning! I stayed up way to late w/ DH and did not get up until 9:00! 

Sounds like good stuff going on here 
    I am going to run, but trying to decide what to do.
    I am volunteering at a race tonight, so that should be fun. It is in Manchester. Cigna 5k. It is supposed to be huge.

feelin' kinda blah. I guess I am ready for summer to be over, but am glad it is not for a lot of little projects I still want to get done.

Have  a great day everyone!!

• IEatHills4Meals Rookie 506 posts since
    Nov 21, 2007
    34. Aug 9, 2007 10:26 AM (in response to jbrindamour)

Hey Tony, sorry I took so long, but I posted a link for you to check reviews on the thermotab... it's at the end of the last night's thread.

Hey Becka!!! I got a cortisone shot yesterday. I'll go back to running tomorrow.

CJ - Hi there!

Ron - have a nice and easy day 

• MFarr26028 Rookie 172 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    35. Aug 9, 2007 10:28 AM (in response to jbrindamour)

Back from a pretty good 7.  I'm happy to be getting my mileage back up there.  It started off so great because it's a beautiful day with a nice cool breeze.  At the 2.5 mile mark I veered off from my normal route onto a nice, shaded, dirt road through the woods. During the last mile my legs felt pretty fatigued, but I was still able to finish strong.   I just wish I wasn't so darn slow!!  Oh well, it doesn't really matter how fast I am! 

Amanda ~ Glad your foot is better.

Abb ~ GM!

Tony ~ Very good point.

Jeans ~ Too cute about your ds3! !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|border=0!

Becka ~ I keep meaning to tell you congrats to your dh for his job!

Marianne

Dec 14, 2007
    36. Aug 9, 2007 10:42 AM (in response to jbrindamour)

Hi Jeanne!!  I missed you in my shoutouts! 

• Tawanda101 Rookie 43 posts since
    Nov 23, 2006
    37. Aug 9, 2007 11:05 AM (in response to jbrindamour)

CJ: I found one for next Wed. night at the NH Loudon Race Track, but have to wait and see what DH's new schedule is going to be like. If I can't do that, I found one for the day after we get back from vaca. so we will see. No matter what I am doing races in Sept. I am pretty excited to see where I am right now. I can tell by my training there should be a pretty good leap from the 22:22 where I was! (thanks  )

Ty:congrats on the shot    just still be easy your first day, see how the hip feels!  You are gunna kick butt in all your races.

Marianne: Thank you  He starts Mon. and is really excited.
    back to the real world w/ DH working. It has been fun to have him home this summer. That has never happened before. But it is good that he is going back!!

SHELL: where are you??

• txshell Rookie 488 posts since
    Jun 26, 2007
    38. Aug 9, 2007 11:16 AM (in response to jbrindamour)

quote:

Originally posted by Tawanda101:

CJ: I found one for next Wed. night at the NH Loudon Race Track, but have to wait and see what DH's new schedule is going to be like. If I can't do that, I found one for the day after we get back from vaca. so we will see. No matter what I am doing races in Sept. I am pretty excited to see where I am right now. I can tell by my training there should be a pretty good leap from the 22:22 where I was! (thanks   )

Ty:congrats on the shot     just still be easy your first day, see how the hip feels!  You are gunna kick butt in all your races.

Marianne: Thank you   He starts Mon. and is really excited.
    back to the real world w/ DH working. It has been fun to have him home this summer. That has never happened before. But it is good that he is going back!!

SHELL: where are you??

email

• willamona Rookie 387 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    39. Aug 9, 2007 11:56 AM (in response to jbrindamour)

It's Thursday. The frog is almost happy. Half of the face is happy.

Not much going on. I gotta figure out a way to nicely nudge the temp agency.

Medium long run today.

Meh...

----

My myspace[/URL" target="_blank">
    No Complaining[/URL" target="_blank">
    Low Heart Rate Training FAQ [/URL" target="_blank"> Because many have asked...
    You have poopie pants.

• batmomm Rookie 87 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    40. Aug 9, 2007 12:29 PM (in response to jbrindamour)

it's my rest day and I am taking it to the extreme, in bed til 10:15am, sitting on the couch since then.  Soon I will eat lunch and then perhaps sit some more.  Last nights run peaked at 104 I think and although I was quite HOT in my new shocking pink running dress, the fact that there was sweat rolling off me proved that you can't always look good, lol. 

I must freeload a bit more but I'll be back to see y'all in a bit. Good running and XDTing peeps.

----

"Ever notice how it's always runners who find dead bodies?...

In fact, if it weren't for runners, you wonder how many of these crimes would ever get solved. Better lace 'em up. Because someone, somewhere is missing. So do your civic duty.

Run like an animal.

"

click here to add your running event[/URL" target="_blank">

• originalsuds Rookie 272 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    41. Aug 9, 2007 12:41 PM (in response to jbrindamour)

quote:

Originally posted by ClydesJohn:

Hey Suds, what do you do for a warm up/cool down. Also, what is your rest between?

I did a 1/2 mile warm up and cool down. I did a slow jog for 2 to 3 minutes in between. Did them all at 3:30.

----

Train like you mean it, race like you want it and party when you get it!
    My User Profile[/URL" target="_blank">

• runningforfreedom Amateur 163 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    42. Aug 9, 2007 12:47 PM (in response to jbrindamour)

Hey peeps,

Just got in from 2 miles on the TM, legs, and a killer ab workout... AF arrived today, so I was tired and bloated YUK... felt more into the strength training though...

I need a shower... TTYL.

Big shoutout to all... YO! LOL

----

myspace[/URL" target="_blank">
    Higher Chakra Jewlery[/URL" target="_blank">

I run trails in skirts!!!!!

Dec 14, 2007
    43. Aug 9, 2007 12:49 PM (in response to jbrindamour)

Hi Batmomm!  Enjoy the rest day! 

Hi Jamaica!  WTG on your running and strength training!

• runningforfreedom Amateur 163 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    44. Aug 9, 2007 12:52 PM (in response to jbrindamour)

Oh and I was looking at local races, and running clubs... there's one in bradenton, about 45 minutes away from me... a little far, but the cool thing is that there's aguy who they are doing a race in honor of... he's been an active member of this running club since the 80's when he first started running in his 30's... anyway the guy has won badwater 2 times... not I want to meet thins guy... would be amazing to be able to pick his brain! So maybe I'll have to run that race... it's a 5 mile beer race...who knows though, cause we are moving so finances are tight right now. Too bad too, cause the Y I go to is having a tri on Sept 1st... not that I would have any time to train, but it's a sprint. It's like 80$ though, and right now I just don't have it.

----

myspace[/URL" target="_blank">
    Higher Chakra Jewlery[/URL" target="_blank">

I run trails in skirts!!!!!

1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...