Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

6972 Views 92 Replies Latest reply: Aug 9, 2007 9:53 PM by Sisu68 Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next
  • originalsuds Rookie 272 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    45. Aug 9, 2007 12:54 PM (in response to jbrindamour)
    Re: Running Moms and Dads - Thursday Edition

quote:

Originally posted by runningforfreedom:

Oh and I was looking at local races, and running clubs... there's one in bradenton, about 45 minutes away from me... a little far, but the cool thing is that there's aguy who they are doing a race in honor of... he's been an active member of this running club since the 80's when he first started running in his 30's... anyway the guy has won badwater 2 times... not I want to meet thins guy... would be amazing to be able to pick his brain! So maybe I'll have to run that race... it's a 5 mile beer race...who knows though, cause we are moving so finances are tight right now. Too bad too, cause the Y I go to is having a tri on Sept 1st... not that I would have any time to train, but it's a sprint. It's like 80$ though, and right now I just don't have it.<br /><br />

BEER RACE??????? OH BOY!

----

Train like you mean it, race like you want it and party when you get it!
    [URL=http://interwovendesign.com/kick/userdisplay.php3?username=originalsuds]My User Profile[/URL]

• IEatHills4Meals Rookie 506 posts since
    Nov 21, 2007
    46. Aug 9, 2007 1:09 PM (in response to jbrindamour)

Marianne - glad your mileage is getting back up there... you will need it for Umstead  no pressure, of course...

• AndiD Rookie 107 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    47. Aug 9, 2007 1:14 PM (in response to jbrindamour)

Ty - I am going to be a good girl and not run Falmouth.  I have my long term goals to consider!

Nov 21, 2007
    48. Aug 9, 2007 1:21 PM (in response to jbrindamour)

Andi - Wonderful! I am happy to hear that. I learned the hard way... glad you don't have to. That's why I did not push at all on my hip. When I tried to run, I did it because the doc had said before it was ok, but I stopped at the first sign of pain (which was a sudden and very strong pain btw). Even now, he says I could start back today, but since it is BETTER to give it a couple of days, I will do it only tomorrow.
    Last Summer/ Fall, I raced 9 events while dealing with my right hip injury (needless to say it became chronic, even taking it easy). This season, besides working on race days and having no money (lol) I also think it is a great benefit that I am concentrating on my specific goals and not racing everything that appears on my way... although I still drool for it...lol
    sorry for the ramble 

Nov 21, 2007
    49. Aug 9, 2007 1:26 PM (in response to jbrindamour)

quote:

BEER RACE??????? OH BOY!

Are you racing the Ollie Road Race? Sept 8th, South Boston. A 5 miler. Sweet! I loved it last year. it is def a beer race! Great beer, freshly grilled burgers and good clam chowder at the end.

Dec 14, 2007
    50. Aug 9, 2007 1:29 PM (in response to jbrindamour)

quote:

Originally posted by IEatHills4Meals:

Are you racing the Ollie Road Race? Sept 8th, South Boston. A 5 miler. Sweet! I loved it last year. it is def a beer race! Great beer, freshly grilled burgers and good clam chowder at the end.

I will be doing the HM in Plymouth that day. I will find beer.

----

My User Profile[/URL" target="_blank">

Nov 21, 2007
    51. Aug 9, 2007 1:31 PM (in response to jbrindamour)

fair enough...

Dec 14, 2007
    52. Aug 9, 2007 1:56 PM (in response to jbrindamour)

quote:

Originally posted by IEatHills4Meals:

fair enough...

Beer enough.

----

• willamona Rookie 387 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    53. Aug 9, 2007 2:15 PM (in response to jbrindamour)

Ok Sudsy, that does it.  Oh, some of the songs at the site I am about to post are not safe for work, so no clicky if you don't have an office...

http://www.myspace.com/psychostick[/URL" target="_blank">

Go to their player and select the song titled, "Beer!" Now, enjoy.

----

My myspace[/URL" target="_blank">
    No Complaining[/URL" target="_blank">
    Low Heart Rate Training FAQ [/URL" target="_blank"> Because many have asked...
    You have poopie pants.

• batmomm Rookie 87 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    54. Aug 9, 2007 2:34 PM (in response to jbrindamour)

hi guys!!  I just made 2 giant dishes of batmomm's famous baked ziti.  Froze one and am testing the other !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/biggrin.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/biggrin.gif|border=0!

here's an idea, Andi no racing for you b/c you're too smart so why not get the extra Falmouth bib to Sudsy who's probably going anyway but was too slow to sign up?? I know, I know sometimes all this genius hurts...

oh and Ty-about the running dress we've been emailing about, I forgot to mention you can only buy it as long as you don't wear it when I wear mine, can't have a brazillian bombshell showing me up!!

I gotta run 14 tomorrow and dont' really want to. I think that's my longest run, hmmm maybe I need to celebrate in some way...I'm open to ideas !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/biggrin.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/biggrin.gif|border=0!

----

"Ever notice how it's always runners who find dead bodies?...

In fact, if it weren't for runners, you wonder how many of these crimes would ever get solved. Better lace 'em up. Because someone, somewhere is missing. So do your civic duty.

Run like an animal.

"

click here to add your running event[/URL" target="_blank">

Dec 14, 2007
    55. Aug 9, 2007 3:02 PM (in response to jbrindamour)

quote:

Originally posted by willamona:

Ok Sudsy, that does it. Oh, some of the songs at the site I am about to post are not safe for work, so no clicky if you don't have an office...

http://www.myspace.com/psychostick[/URL" target="_blank">

Go to their player and select the song titled, "Beer!" Now, enjoy.

Oh man, now I have to wait until later. I'm too close to the service desk.

----

• Jeanne015 Rookie 64 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    56. Dec 21, 2007 8:53 PM (in response to jbrindamour)

Sorry this is long...
    So if you may remember I have one pair of custom orthotics which weren't designed for running and my PF came back. So another $300 later and $160 worth of copays I get another pair and they are sent back because they made my feet worse. The orthotic place was supposed to send them to my house but naturally they didn't. So 30 min. to the dr. and 30 min back with 3 kids (when I had NO time for it since we're leaving for vacation in a day and I had every minute of today planed) I have my newly improved orthos.....which are HARDLY different AT ALL!!!!! My right toe (not the injured one) still falls off the ortho and the arch isn't much higher than before. UGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!! I'm so mad right now. But..I still need to give them a shot so it's 2 more weeks of breaking them in, then another week to have them sent back AGAIN. Now my 6 year old is livid with me because the selfish mom that I am canceled is playdate so I could pick up my orthos. Why oh why do I have such extremel high arches and Ty why can't you live in Richmond????

On a more positive note I did buy a new bike helmet- my head only fit in the 5+ (which are all character helmets- I like princesses and all but I'm not into a princess helmet) and at the last minute I found a 8+ that fit me and didn't have any hot wheels or princesses on it!

Batmomm- you're a super hero and will kick some butt running 14 tomorrow morning.

[http://This message has been edited by Jeanne (edited Aug-09-2007).|http://This message has been edited by Jeanne (edited Aug-09-2007).]

• Jeanne015 Rookie 64 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    58. Dec 21, 2007 8:53 PM (in response to jbrindamour)

CJ- ya it is a lot of cash....thank goodness DH hasn't added it all up.  I'm eating all my words about how much money he spends on golf these days.  Thanks for the advice about the helmet.  I should have gotten a good one but I need it for Saturday and just didn't get around to getting one.  My mom gave me money to buy a nice one while in college years and years ago and I used it for beer instead, I still feel a bit guilty about it.  College priorities!

Edited because I'm having one of those brainless days.

[http://This message has been edited by Jeanne (edited Aug-09-2007).|http://This message has been edited by Jeanne (edited Aug-09-2007).]

Nov 21, 2007
    59. Aug 9, 2007 4:37 PM (in response to jbrindamour)

Jeanne - make a trip to Raleigh to visit me and I will fix you up, I promise. You won't spend a penny with adjustments (which are BTW very unlikely to happen). You just need to be ready for new orthos. I know you hate to hear that, but you don't have enough support... well, we talked about it at Gaela's. Seriously, I see this picture DAILY. People with the same problem you have. The ones I got, I fixed them. Not bragging, just giving you feedback on something that happens more often than you can imagine. Even with all those hours of training, my PF doesn't show up with my orthos. Think about it and talk to me later if you feel you want to take care of it that way.
    I am very disappointed you didn't get the princess/character helmet.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...