Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

12529 Views 176 Replies Latest reply: Aug 11, 2007 12:17 AM by jeans541 Go to original post 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 Previous Next
  • AndiD Rookie 107 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    60. Aug 10, 2007 2:14 PM (in response to originalsuds)
    Re: Running Moms and Dads, FRIDAY!

Ty - I know you are leaving soon.  I am praying for good news - we all are!  Good Luck!

• IEatHills4Meals Rookie 506 posts since
    Nov 21, 2007
    61. Aug 10, 2007 2:19 PM (in response to originalsuds)

Tks guys and gals! I am off to the doc's now. The office is literally 2 minutes away, but I will just sit there and read my book till they get me in. I know it will be a while...

TKS AGAIN!

• Sisu68 Rookie 123 posts since
    Mar 5, 2006
    62. Aug 10, 2007 2:22 PM (in response to originalsuds)

Hey Abb - I know you said that you got the Brick/pumpkin running skirt and I'm wondering about the color.  I can get one on sale in that color but I haven't ordered it because I can't picture it and I know I can't return it.  Is it maroon with orange or more of a brown w/orange?  My college colors were orange and brown (and not a good orange and brown, either!)  and that's all I can picture.  thanks

• MFarr26028 Rookie 172 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    63. Aug 10, 2007 2:39 PM (in response to originalsuds)

Good afternoon,

Taking a break from cleaning.... Will get my run in later. We grocery shopped (wowie what fun) and then the vet came to give our pony a check-up (he's all good). We also began the production of a super duper summer cake. I'll take a picture of it if it comes out well to show you.

(((((((((TY)))))))))) I know you're gone, but good luck at the dr.'s!!!!!!!!!

Hi Sisu, Abb, and whoever else is on right now. Sorry I can't remember!! !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/biggrin.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/biggrin.gif|border=0!

Lee ~ How's your foot feeling??

AMBER AND SISU ~ NOOOOOOOOOO - YOU HAVE TO DO VT!!! BECAUSE I SAID SO!!!!!!!! just kidding, but I wish you would!! I'm already getting excited about it. Yes, I know, I'm a dork, BUT I really don't race much otherwise, so the few that I do are a big deal for me! !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/biggrin.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/biggrin.gif|border=0!

HI LURKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• txshell Rookie 488 posts since
    Jun 26, 2007
    64. Aug 10, 2007 2:44 PM (in response to originalsuds)

quote:

Originally posted by willamona:

I don't know, I guess I just figured she was here and erasing her posts again. I am sure you will get an e-mail though.

Guys...this post is a classic example of why I'm off...some of you know the other nasty things she has said...some of you don't...but wed. night was the last straw...I don't know why any one tolerates it...but I don't have to...and I won't. I'll be happy to communicate with any of you by email shellfarm@gmail.com but I refuse to be involved in any aspect of Willa's world any longer.

• Abb94 Rookie 173 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    65. Aug 10, 2007 2:48 PM (in response to originalsuds)

quote:

Originally posted by Sisu68:

Hey Abb - I know you said that you got the Brick/pumpkin running skirt and I'm wondering about the color. I can get one on sale in that color but I haven't ordered it because I can't picture it and I know I can't return it. Is it maroon with orange or more of a brown w/orange? My college colors were orange and brown (and not a good orange and brown, either!) and that's all I can picture. thanks

Honestly, it's not very pretty.  It's definitely maroon, though, not brown.

• MFarr26028 Rookie 172 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    66. Aug 10, 2007 3:07 PM (in response to originalsuds)

quote:

Originally posted by willamona:

I don't know, I guess I just figured she was here and erasing her posts again. I am sure you will get an e-mail though.

I don't know what any of this means. I'm not sure why you need to be so antagonistic towards some of the posters at times? I'm referring to your comments at the coffee shop and your post on Wed about us being a bunch of "women" and commenting that it's like being back in high school. The women who post here are women who are supportive of one another. If someone is having a problem, we do not try to say things that will only make it worse. Sure you're entitled to speak your mind. But, like I say to my little kids, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Typically I would keep my mouth shut, but I think it's really sad that one of the people who has been posting on this thread for such a long time is not going to be here anymore.

• marathon princess Rookie 68 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    67. Aug 10, 2007 3:11 PM (in response to originalsuds)

quote:

Originally posted by txshell:

Guys...this post is a classic example of why I'm off...some of you know the other nasty things she has said...some of you don't...but wed. night was the last straw...I don't know why any one tolerates it...but I don't have to...and I won't. I'll be happy to communicate with any of you by email shellfarm@gmail.com but I refuse to be involved in any aspect of Willa's world any longer.

Hey Peeps,

I think this is something that you hot mammas and daddy's need to discuss. I think it is a touchy subject for all involved but people have hurt feelings and the only way get through and sort out issues is to discuss them. That is my view and you all know I don't post very often but this situation has gotten out of control and communication needs to occur if you are all going to get past it.

Love you all and miss you tons
    xoxoxox

• Sisu68 Rookie 123 posts since
    Mar 5, 2006
    68. Dec 21, 2007 8:54 PM (in response to originalsuds)

quote:

Originally posted by MFarr26:

I don't know what any of this means. I'm not sure why you need to be so antagonistic towards some of the posters at times? I'm referring to your comments at the coffee shop and your post on Wed about us being a bunch of "women" and commenting that it's like being back in high school. The women who post here are women who are supportive of one another. If someone is having a problem, we do not try to say things that will only make it worse. Sure you're entitled to speak your mind. But, like I say to my little kids, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Typically I would keep my mouth shut, but I think it's really sad that one of the people who has been posting on this thread for such a long time is not going to be here anymore.

My thoughts exactly! I couldn't have said it any better, Marianne. I really don't have anything to discuss about this whole situation - I just ignore it at this point.

Shell, you have no reason to stay away - you've been a part of this group for way too long to stop now!

[http://This message has been edited by Sisu68 (edited Aug-10-2007).|http://This message has been edited by Sisu68 (edited Aug-10-2007).]

• karla43 Rookie 76 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    69. Aug 10, 2007 3:29 PM (in response to originalsuds)

I have to concur with MFarr...........I said it at the coffee shop as well....if you don't have something nice to say then keep your mouth shut!!!!!! I preach it to my kids daily!!

Yes I understand things we write can come across differently on line and also we are people from all over the US and we are all different.

I just don't understand why everyone can not be supportive of one another.

I agree its unbelievable that someone thats posted here for a long time feels they have to step away. That is just wrong!!!!!!!!

I hardly ever say alot but this subject really has bothered me the last couple days, well even months if you want to know the truth.

• txshell Rookie 488 posts since
    Jun 26, 2007
    70. Aug 10, 2007 3:44 PM (in response to originalsuds)

willa...feel free to email me if you want to...I don't bite...

• jbrindamour Rookie 171 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    71. Aug 10, 2007 3:53 PM (in response to originalsuds)

Err, umm, Coffee Shop?  Shell, come back.

• Abb94 Rookie 173 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    72. Aug 10, 2007 4:08 PM (in response to originalsuds)

I have tried to be nice and ignore the rude, hurtful comments, but I will have to say that I agree with what's been said.

While I value honesty and don't want anyone to blow sunshine up my s$$ just to BS me into feeling better, there is a difference between doing that and being supportive. It IS possible to suuportively give an opinion that might differ from others or might sting a little. That is called constructive criticism. There is nothing constructive about making someone feel or look stupid for being honest about an issue that is embarassing. That is just kicking someone when they are down to demonstrate how much better you are than them.

Willa, I have tried to be gracious and ignore some of the things you have said about me (not even TO me - you just post to the rest of the board about me) and your response to my issue that I posted in the coffee shop. I am done being gracious.

I know that you are a strong woman, and it is obvious that you cannot tolerate weakness in others. Well, weakness is why we come to this board. We all have weaknesses in our lives and our running, and we come here for advice, support, and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. We don't come here for a pi$$ing contest.

I know I will be sorry I wrote this. I hate confrontation and would just love it if everyone would just get along. BUT - I will not be walked all over by someone who thinks she is better than me and broadcasts it all over the board and the coffee shop.

• karla43 Rookie 76 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    73. Aug 10, 2007 4:29 PM (in response to originalsuds)

Abb94..................Amen!! Very well said, please don't regret posting it!

----

Karla

“Gold medals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.”

- Dan Gable

Running Log[/URL" target="_blank">
    My Profile[/URL" target="_blank">

MySpace[/URL" target="_blank">

• jbrindamour Rookie 171 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    74. Aug 10, 2007 4:40 PM (in response to originalsuds)

Looks like this pot's been ready to boil over for a long time....

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...