Skip navigation

2389 Views 11 Replies Latest reply: Sep 6, 2006 9:17 AM by sacram RSS
rhonda14309 Rookie 2 posts since
Jul 9, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 15, 2005 5:00 PM

hoodia

I have been hearing a lot of hype about the "wonder appetite suppressant and metabolic stimulant" Hoodia from South Africa. I have checked out websites, all claiming it's safety. Anyone have any knowledge to dispense????

• trmact22 Rookie 5 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    1. May 27, 2006 1:13 PM (in response to rhonda14309)
    Re: hoodia

i have heard the same thing, i'm thinking of getting it.  have you looked into it anymore or tried it? has anyone??

• Challan116 Rookie 14 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    2. May 31, 2006 12:00 PM (in response to rhonda14309)

I use www.JPDistributor.com to get my Juice Plus+. They have a product called THINS, that helps me carve my cravings to eat. I love the product and it helped me lose alot of weight. I have been using it for years. I played three sports in college and I dont think I would have ever been able to keep up my level of engery and fitness without it.

Chris

• ellclare Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    3. Jun 16, 2006 11:23 AM (in response to rhonda14309)

I have tried Hoodia for about a month last year.  I watched a special on 20/20 or Dateline (one of those shows), and found myself interested in it because it is an all natural substance - ground up cactus plant from Africa.  I have tried various diet pills/supplements in the past, and I found Hoodia to be effective without giving me jitters or making me feel sick as other pills have. All it did was supress my appetite. I wasn't nearly as hungry as I normally was for lunch or supper - even snacks! I would recommend Hoodia to give yourself a jump start on decreasing your appetite.

• cyallen Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    4. Jun 16, 2006 10:22 PM (in response to rhonda14309)

I'm using it now and I love it!! I'm not as hungry or go for junk food right away. I'm still struggling with my craving for sweets, but compared to what I normally ate, I'm doing great! I have been on it for about 2 weeks and I haven't lost any weight according to the evil scale, but I have lost about an inch or two off my waist and my arms are a lot slimmer. I say try it. If you follow the directions and stay consistant in your diet, it'll pay off

• triruth Pro 174 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    5. Jun 17, 2006 12:00 AM (in response to rhonda14309)

Hey, what works, works, but just because something is all natural, don't automatically assume that it is safe. Peyote is ground up cactus too, marijuana is just a flower, and Brugmansia (apricot) "Angel Trumpet" flowers contain an alkaloid that has hallucinogenic properties, and can be fatal after ingesting as few as 2 flowers! Ask a doctor who isn't biased against or for natural remedies before you try them.

• gnthomas Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    6. Jun 17, 2006 2:07 AM (in response to rhonda14309)

My daughter is 14 and has always had some problems with her weight. Because of her age all NATURAL Hoodia sounded like it was safe enough to try. In 2 days she broke out in a rash from head to toe. It did curb her appetite though.

• blooma2 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    7. Jun 25, 2006 5:53 PM (in response to rhonda14309)

for those of you who tried, what brand do/did you use?

• starr6300 Rookie 3 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    8. Jun 30, 2006 10:14 AM (in response to rhonda14309)

Actually I am doing the Hoodia lolly pops. (Power Pops) They are great! I have been eating them for a little over a month and I have lost 3 inches off my waist and 7 lbs.

You can get them online but they are less expensive on ebay 30 pops for about $25 that includes the shipping. They are pretty tasty too. All kind of flavors, cherry, green apple, watermelon and so on.

I did try the Hoodia pills. Some pills give you the complete Hoodia in the pill and some just give you some (a small amount)of the Hoodia in it.

I personally did not like the pill. Although it did help curb being hungry after a while I noticed I could not go to the rest room as normal. I started to retain a lot of water and just felt aweful.

As someone did mention earlier. I would check with a doctor to see what is great for you.

My doctor OKed the power pops for me with a low cal, low salt no skipping meals workout life style.

• SAfarrell62 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    9. Jul 3, 2006 5:59 PM (in response to rhonda14309)

seriously, power pops are great. I have lost 8 pounds just this week. www.power-pops.com/oregon for the best deal! just $15.95 wholesale or $25.95 retail with shipping. Fyi no other hoodia product on the market that is made the only IT IS PROVEN EFFECTIVE, THROUGH SUCKING. CHECK THE FACTS.

• littlepops Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    10. Sep 2, 2006 5:52 PM (in response to rhonda14309)

The Power Pops are great. They are really yummy.

If you want more info, www.powerpopsfun.com has a great FAQ and some links to articles about Hoodia on 60 Minutes.

The thing to keep in mind is this does not replace food, but is an aid to help you lose weight and eat better. I actually have stopped craving junk since I've been taking them, and someone told me it's the Citramax.

Debbie

• sacram Rookie 4 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    11. Sep 6, 2006 9:17 AM (in response to rhonda14309)

I'll play Devil's Advocate here and say "why do you we even need pills or pops to suppress our appetite?" I guess I feel if we are hungry we should eat so why fight that regardless if it's "natural"? Of course I am aware we all tend to 'emotionally eat' at times but isn't that okay? Don't you think relying on a crutch to fight natural tendencies will only make you rebel more? (i.e. you want what you can't have?) I guess I have pretty good self control so it might be easier said than done but I say why restrain yourself if you truly feel like eating it? And I've noticed that once you stop eating junk you really don't ever crave it. Sorry to go on...those are just my thoughts...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...