Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

799 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 11, 2011 9:56 PM by Mikala_SF RSS
MouseRN Pro 135 posts since
Feb 15, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 10, 2011 1:05 PM

Smartphone apps/GPS devices for running...What do you use?

I know a lot of us newbies use C25K...I failed on that point a couple of years ago, but now I'm training with Team in Training to run the inaugural Tinkerbell Half Marathon in January. I like to track my runs, both distance and time, and am currently using the Runstar app on my Android phone (Motorola Droid 3). I used to use CardioTrainer but when I upgraded my phone I decided to try other apps. The GPS on Runstar is somewhat flaky although I do like the in app MP3 player and the fact that you can set notifications to be set by either time or distance. Runstar also uploads directly to DailyMile.com and can be set to connect to Facebook and Twitter.

What apps do you use, if any? Or do you prefer to utilize a GPS device like Garmin or other GPS based devices?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points