Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

390 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Sep 13, 2011 12:32 AM by Running Aficionado
Running Aficionado Pro 188 posts since
Jun 7, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 13, 2011 12:32 AM

Training Through Injury

About 2 months ago I suffered shin splints and I was not able to run for about a month. Luckily, I stumbled upon a book that presents running training while recovering from an injury. My objective for writing this article is for a number of runners who are “not being able to exercise” in the presence of a shoulder, knee, back, or ankle injury.

While you want to follow the doctor’s recommendation for movement about an injured joint, there’s no reason that you can’t stay in lean, fit shape while rehabilitating. It’s just going to take a modification of your training program – the key being to keep stress off the affected area. Try the following workout programs with these 4 common injuries. -- Training Through Injury

Marathon Running

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...