Skip navigation

4003 Views 21 Replies Latest reply: Oct 24, 2011 4:54 PM by dutch omi RSS 1 2 Previous Next
greg wallace Amateur 8 posts since
May 8, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 1, 2011 12:36 PM

Kinesio tapping for marine Corp marathon

Is there a place near the Reagan Airport to get Kinesio tapping?

• BOSNPM We're Not Worthy 2,482 posts since
    Nov 20, 2007
    1. Oct 4, 2011 6:30 AM (in response to greg wallace)

The last two years you could get it done at the expo, not sure at the airport.

• BOSNPM We're Not Worthy 2,482 posts since
    Nov 20, 2007
    3. Oct 7, 2011 5:01 AM (in response to greg wallace)

I can not answer that for sure, the group that does it at the expo is local I don't recall the name.  At the expo it took about a hour.  If you do it at the expo go to the booth and put your name in when you arrive, 1 leg was free if you did 2 items it was 20.00. 

• thefirecat Community Moderator 2,779 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    5. Oct 8, 2011 6:58 PM (in response to greg wallace)

Greg, none of us here are associated with Marine Corps Marathon in any official capacity--we're just runners like you. The only other thing I can suggest is their Facebook page. Someone there might know. I don't know if anyone from the marathon office will have time to respond, three weeks out, but it's worth a shot, and one of the other runners might have an idea.

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

• Jimmy_D_Jarhead We're Not Worthy 4,477 posts since
    Dec 15, 2007
    6. Oct 8, 2011 10:23 PM (in response to thefirecat)

This place is like home!!!!

Dec 15, 2007
    7. Oct 13, 2011 12:21 AM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)
    Re: Kinesio tapping for marine Corp marathon

I found the above link by going to google and then searching kinesio taping in the DC area.  Seriously the first link pops up then you type in the zipcode where you need it done and all the options pop up.  It was so easy a caveman could do it!

Hope that answers your question.  Quit relying on others for all the answers and do some research people!

Dec 15, 2007
    8. Oct 13, 2011 12:23 AM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

Greg I must apologize for my previous post.  It sounded worse than it was intended to.  Seriously though google works for almost anything.  The link I posted shows all the places in any area that will provide it.

You are a bit unappreciative and pretty much come across as a jerk so until further notice...

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,391 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    11. Oct 12, 2011 1:29 PM (in response to greg wallace)

Greg, before you get righteous, consider that many (most?) of those on this message board do not live in the DC area, and thus are not "local".  Yes, we do understand the nature of a message board, and we've been on this one for several years.  But we can't provide answers that we don't have.  As you stated "I would encourage you next time . . . don't make false assumptions . . ."  As for the Google address, I'm confident that you can figure out how to get to a Google search page.

Len

Len

• thefirecat Community Moderator 2,779 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    12. Oct 12, 2011 2:05 PM (in response to greg wallace)

Greg, as Len pointed out, we've been as helpful as we can be, given that none of us who have replied to you are particularly local (Jimmy, btw, currently wins the prize for longest commute to MCM, as the Marines have him stationed in an entirely different hemisphere; he's one of our more widely traveled marathon runners and has run marathons all over the country and on at least one other continent as well that I can recall). I believe what you are witnessing here is frustration from many of us that our earnest efforts to help you are rebuffed as not helpful enough because they are not exactly what you want. We've offered suggestions from where we are (most of us more than 100 miles away) with a limited knowledge of what you actually were seeking. You continue to ask the question--I understand that you want answers, who wouldn't?--but continuing to ask the same question in the same way on the same thread after receiving what seems like a reasonable response (or a reasonable series of responses)--as anyone as familiar as you with how a message board works would probably agree--is only going to serve to piss people off, since it may appear that you're ungrateful for our help. There's no need to continue to ask--the question is still marked "unanswered" and will stay on the thread, so anyone can still see and answer it.

Further note, it's of course helpful to be as specific as possible in posing the original question, so that other readers of the message board are better able to assess whether they can actually answer your question before they waste your time, and their own, responding. Had you originally given us the information that you wanted only answers from people who had first-hand knowledge and experience with good kinesio-tapers in the DC area, we would have known that our answers would not be helpful to you, and would have refrained from responding in ways that were ultimately not helpful to you.. I'm sure you realise  in hindsight, as familiar as you are with message board etiquette, that you overlooked this in your original post. Now that you've clarified what it is you were originally trying to ask, other people on the board may actually be able to provide helpful advice.

I wish you luck in finding the information you seek from local DC-area residents. Come to think of it, it might be worth asking 'round on DC/NoVa local active.com boards, or on Runner's World's local boards. You might have better luck there.

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

Dec 15, 2007
    13. Oct 13, 2011 12:25 AM (in response to thefirecat)

Sorry for trying to help an unappreciative *****!  I have ran a marathon in Hawaii and because I treat my body with respect and a solid approach to training I do not need tape to hold anything in place.  I hope you can find some one to tape your mouth shut and mostly tape the whole in your arse that seems to be letting the pompous crap out.  It is frustrating that someone who has a stateside number can not make calls and arrangements on their own.  You seem to be a douche and an a person who does not have much respect for others attempts at helping you.  Seriously dude someone as traveled and experienced as you should know how to plan their own travels.  For the record I am wondering if there is a difference between the tapping your origanl question and the taping I posted about. If so I apologize for the confusion.  Turn left at the light go up one block turn left again and continue this routine to your answer.

The local freedom defender who seems to not like ya much!

• skypilot77 Legend 1,077 posts since
    Dec 16, 2009
    14. Oct 12, 2011 3:14 PM (in response to greg wallace)

Mr k-tape is really out of line. Forget the tape, put some boots and utilities on, don some deuce gear, and run the 26.2 -- all that stuff ought to keep everything in place.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points