Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

5093 Views 27 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2010 5:56 AM by Chuck Norris RSS 1 2 Previous Next
caaaaaa Rookie 80 posts since
Dec 14, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 21, 2007 10:18 PM

Help!  Need advice!

I feel so cyber homeless.  This place sucks.  It takes two different screens to login.  I still can't edit my password, which was changed without my permission.  Most of my cyberfriends have left this place for a variety of reasons.

I've been thinking of registering at Kick out of cyber desperation, but today I learned that teasing tithers about mentioning her IronMan in every single ******* post she writes is frowned upon, however WRT100 is free to make as many comments about Jews not being as good as Christians.  None of the moderators seem to have a problem with that.

So what the he.ll am I supposed to do?  I clearly don't fit in the PRT, and this place just isn't doing it for me.      Oh woe is me, to see what I see, to see what I have seen. 

• willrun4chocolates Rookie 23 posts since
    Dec 18, 2007
    1. Dec 21, 2007 11:09 PM (in response to caaaaaa)
    Re: Help! Need advice!

Check your pm if you haven't already received an e-mail telling you to check your PM's

• Rich Mac Rookie 235 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    2. Dec 22, 2007 4:31 AM (in response to caaaaaa)

I feel you pain..

"this place just isn't doing it for me" what would?

• cassoulet Rookie 13 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    3. Dec 22, 2007 5:00 AM (in response to caaaaaa)

There is a reason Kickrunners has an "ignore" list.  That feature may appeal to you.

And where did someone get in trouble for teasing tithers  about her Ironman posts? I must have missed that. (****, I miss all the fun)

As for WTR's bashing of other religions, I usually don't open religious threads there, but if I saw it, I would call him on it. I like to remind him that not all christians are hate-mongers and we'd appreciate it if he didn't pretend he spoke for all of us.

• wannab100 Rookie 16 posts since
    Dec 19, 2007
    5. Dec 22, 2007 6:27 AM (in response to caaaaaa)

I feel your pain.

For most of this week I just haven't gone either place to hang out. 

I have trouble logging on here and all day yesterday (at work) every time I logged in it crashed Explorer.  I also don't know who's who anymore.  (Is cassoulet luckylily?  If so I just left a question for you in your Hank post "over there".)

And the other place just is too rule-laden.

I'm also homesick for a place we'll never be able to go home  to again.     Waaaah!  :_|    Hence my avatar...

• cassoulet Rookie 13 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    6. Dec 22, 2007 6:40 AM (in response to caaaaaa)

p.s. have you had your babies yet???

Not yet! I had a nice false start yesterday though. That was FUN. I've had a few of those actually, but I think last night's was maybe a little productive. Its hard to know for sure, but the contractions were 3-5 minutes apart, lasted 90 seconds or more, and they HURT enough to make me wanna throw up.  They stopped almost immediately when I got in the bathtub though, so no trip to the hospital after all. This waiting is the hardest part.

They'll come when they are ready or when the doctors take pity on me and induce.  I deal with the myriad indelicate discomforts by reminding myself that every day they stay inside me is two they would have spent in the NICU if they had come before they were ready. 

• I Scream Rookie 2 posts since
    Dec 21, 2007
    7. Dec 22, 2007 8:03 AM (in response to caaaaaa)

i had to use another name, too, in order to get access.  Ice Cream.

I agree with you, but am siding on Kickrunner's side now.  But will give this a try.

• Was PeterP Rookie 20 posts since
    Nov 29, 2007
    8. Dec 22, 2007 9:35 AM (in response to caaaaaa)

My advice would be to register at Kick.  That's what I did.  Just by registering doesn't mean you have to post there but at least you will feel like you have a foothold somewhere other than here, which clearly is not cutting it.

• janSport Rookie 267 posts since
    Dec 12, 2007
    9. Dec 22, 2007 10:10 AM (in response to caaaaaa)

Ah, Caito, I hope you stick around.  I am.  I have registered at Kick and lurk sometimes, but haven´t felt compelled to post yet.  Too much fluff...and I am not dissing fluff, I like a bit.  But not that kind.    I tried the other site too, but that definitely wasn´t a good fit.  So, I will poke my nose in here and see if anything pans out.  I will also peek into Kick every now and then, and if there is an interesting discussion, maybe will contribute.

Something will work out and if it doesn´t-...well, that is just more productive time for me.  Still, where will I get my America fix??

• tazawa055 Rookie 281 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    10. Dec 22, 2007 1:42 PM (in response to caaaaaa)

I hope you stick around too.  ctjim posted something along the lines of "I'm too lazy to change," and to a certain extent this describes me too.  I really can't blame folks for moving on though.  Keep checking in now and then, ok?

• Arrojo Rookie 78 posts since
    Dec 11, 2007
    11. Dec 22, 2007 2:48 PM (in response to caaaaaa)

I'm still here, caito. It is desolate here.  We can be subversive.  Did you know you can't do callouts in the PRT either?  It seems to me the mods have lightened up here.  If only the software was better.

I think it will be better. If not, I ain't goin' anywhere (well, I'm going skiing tomorrow, but I mean cyberwise, I plan on remaining).  I also appear to have gotten kicked out of the CHdie website, or else there is just some innocuous glitch in my registration.

• McGoofy026 Rookie 39 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    13. Dec 22, 2007 4:53 PM (in response to caaaaaa)

I'm just following everyone else around.  This site is just a p.i.t.a. It took me about 5 minutes just to log in to reply to this thread. But, as much as the functionality stinks, it's still better to look at than that clutterfest PRT.  And that place is just boring.

• Arrojo Rookie 78 posts since
    Dec 11, 2007
    14. Dec 22, 2007 6:20 PM (in response to McGoofy026)

McGoofy026 wrote:

I'm just following everyone else around.  This site is just a p.i.t.a. It took me about 5 minutes just to log in to reply to this thread. But, as much as the functionality stinks, it's still better to look at than that clutterfest PRT.  And that place is just boring.

I figured out that once you log in here to reply, you are all set and get just reply to a thread, even if the logon screen pops up again (which it always does).

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...