Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

6631 Views 99 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2007 1:44 AM by Rnag63019 RSS Go to original post 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next
  • txshell Rookie 488 posts since
    Jun 26, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    75. Aug 27, 2007 2:17 PM (in response to originalsuds)
    Re: Running Moms and Dads, Monday

CRAP! SEPT 8th! CRAP! That's DH's bday...what to get...membership in the NRA for sure...maybe the remington 700 that he's been eyeballing for years now to go with that membership

• wannaloseweight Rookie 43 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    76. Aug 27, 2007 2:28 PM (in response to originalsuds)

quote:

Originally posted by txshell:

CRAP! SEPT 8th! CRAP! That's DH's bday...what to get...membership in the NRA for sure...maybe the remington 700 that he's been eyeballing for years now to go with that membership

Yeah and our 22nd anniversary is the 6th and I am clueless as what to get hubby. I think after like 10 yrs it should be no gifts and just dinner and some nookie. Most guys would prefer that anyway, right guys??????

Jun 26, 2007
    77. Aug 27, 2007 2:30 PM (in response to originalsuds)

CJ...SUDS...SUG...got an answer???

• kc_colts Rookie 103 posts since
    Sep 4, 2007
    78. Aug 27, 2007 2:42 PM (in response to originalsuds)

Afternoon folks!!! Just got home from picking up my DD from school.. she had a great day, and waiting on the bus to bring DS home.. he's never rode the bus before, so I'm a nervous wreck, but he's excited.

shell- I know what you mean about things being crazy with kids, their homework and your own..

Ty-great bike ride!

Ron- have a good long run this evening.

Marianne- good run this morning! Did you make it to church yesterday?

Deb- we were supposed to get some rain but didn't.. I think we're 10 inches below normal for the year.

Amanda- hey there I don't think we've "met"yet

jeans- have a good workout.. that's great that DH is taking the kids so you can get your workout in

mt- good luck with the race!

Jamaica- great job on the workout!! Just curious, how much does your gym charge for daycare?

CJ- I'm still amazed at your 20 miler yesterday.

QOD- I'd have to say about 18!!!

heather

Jun 26, 2007
    79. Aug 27, 2007 2:46 PM (in response to originalsuds)

Heather...I can't believe I'm anxiously awaiting hearing how DDs first day was

• sb70 Rookie 102 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    80. Aug 27, 2007 2:56 PM (in response to originalsuds)

Afternoon everyone..just sneaking on here durring quiet time!!

Ohhhhh love the QOD.....mine would be 32. We had our first son quite young and so I never really experienced my roarin 20's. By 32, the boys were 11 and 7 and life was getting pretty easy...dh and I had the time and money to enjoy some things we weren't able to up until then!! And then about a yr and half later came baby ds and that pretty much ruined it for a few more yrs!! Just kidding..you guys know I love him! My hs yrs were a blast but not sure I would to relive them I did some things that were kinda naughty!!

Well had time to read thru but no time for shoutouts!!

{{{{{{BIG HUG TO ALL!!}}}}} and a hearty hello to AMandamom...nice to see you again!!

Have a great afternoon,  and oh I will run tonight when I am done with work!!

Jun 26, 2007
    81. Aug 27, 2007 3:01 PM (in response to originalsuds)

SB!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't picture you as a wild child

Dec 14, 2007
    82. Aug 27, 2007 3:07 PM (in response to originalsuds)

quote:

SB!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't picture you as a wild child

Oh Shell there is a lot you don't know!!! 

Dec 14, 2007
    83. Aug 27, 2007 3:15 PM (in response to originalsuds)

quote:

Originally posted by sb70:

Ohhhhh love the QOD.....mine would be 32. We had our first son quite young and so I never really experienced my roarin 20's. By 32, the boys were 11 and 7 and life was getting pretty easy...dh and I had the time and money to enjoy some things we weren't able to up until then!! And then about a yr and half later came baby ds and that pretty much ruined it for a few more yrs!! Just kidding..you guys know I love him! My hs yrs were a blast but not sure I would to relive them I did some things that were kinda naughty!!

You're SUPPOSED to do naughty things in high school. What other time in your life can you really get away with it? I'm right there with ya...I had to grow up REAL fast at 16! Missed out on a lot of things I should have been able to experience. But, those who play must pay, right? LOL

• jbrindamour Rookie 171 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    84. Aug 27, 2007 3:18 PM (in response to originalsuds)

quote:

CJ...SUDS...SUG...got an answer???

Well I received every husband's favorite gift.  After that who cares.

Jun 26, 2007
    85. Aug 27, 2007 3:18 PM (in response to originalsuds)

quote:

Oh Shell there is a lot you don't know!!! !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/biggrin.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/biggrin.gif|border=0!

hehehe me too

Dec 14, 2007
    86. Aug 27, 2007 3:20 PM (in response to originalsuds)

quote:

Originally posted by wannaloseweight:

You're SUPPOSED to do naughty things in high school. What other time in your life can you really get away with it? I'm right there with ya...I had to grow up REAL fast at 16! Missed out on a lot of things I should have been able to experience. But, those who play must pay, right? LOL

I know it was a blast and we have some pretty great memories but now Deb I have a son that is 16 and I cringe when I think of the things we did back then!!  My 16yo will be my good one I think...it is the 3yo that will probably pay me back for everything I did to my parents!!

Dec 14, 2007
    87. Aug 27, 2007 3:23 PM (in response to originalsuds)

quote:

hehehe me too

I kinda had already figured that!! hehehe!!

I was probably the naughtiest one in our group but had everyones parents fooled because I looked so darn innocent!!  !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/biggrin.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/biggrin.gif|border=0!

Dec 14, 2007
    88. Aug 27, 2007 3:41 PM (in response to originalsuds)

quote:

I know it was a blast and we have some pretty great memories but now Deb I have a son that is 16 and I cringe when I think of the things we did back then!! My 16yo will be my good one I think...it is the 3yo that will probably pay me back for everything I did to my parents!!

Oh I know...me too. My oldest (now 22) worked a lot so he didn't really have much time to do the naughty things, but I know he did and he loves to tell me about them. My 17 yo (18 in Nov) is so laid back and even tempered and I know he's been a little sneaky too, but nothing major. Now, like you said, my youngest (13) will be the one. He has been a handful since about 8 yrs old. He's just so full of energy and loves to go go go...he is the one that scares me. Time will tell, but my prediction is that he will give me gray hair big time!

Jun 26, 2007
    89. Aug 27, 2007 3:56 PM (in response to originalsuds)

would you believe we just had a gas leak and an FBI agent showed up...not related incidents...but damn!

I had to grow up fast too...luckily I was a senior in high school so I graduated...

CJ...you're so easy

I was the one that LOOKED like trouble but really never did half of what the other kids did...I'm still more conservative than my friends

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...