Skip navigation

1366 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 10, 2011 8:19 AM by JNugBballer14 RSS
willofpain23 Amateur 14 posts since
Apr 7, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 9, 2011 12:52 AM

need help with your vertical leap???? help me and ill tell you

ok so i started on air alert IV and it help my vertical i got 2 weeks to finishe so my vertical its not at its peek yet but my problem is that i only do rimgrazers(technically a weak dunk) and i want to do more agressive dunks so i record myself so that someone could tell me some tips or advice to help my dunks and since its something important if your advice helps ill post the air alert IV exercises or email you the workout free so watch the vid and give me some advice heres the link:? http://youtu.be/YhgnKd6lc1g

• GruAncH Amateur 5 posts since
    Mar 17, 2011

Firstly I ask do you practice driving to the basket? by that I mean bouncing the ball?

Also do you practice jumping and grabbing the ring off a short 2-3 step jump?

The reason I ask is your run up seems uneasy like your concentration is focused on balancing the ball one handed and your leap is second thought reaction when coming up to the basket..

I would recommend starting closer to the basket and developing the short explosive leap and getting hand over rim, then moving the game out gradually.

Make it move and flow more natural in your technique

• JNugBballer14 Pro 101 posts since
    Feb 1, 2010

Your dunk is okay, but it isn't a realistic game-like dunk. You need to dribble the ball while you are going up to dunk, and since you are not at that point where you can do that yet, here are some suggestions to help.

1.) Stand in front of the backboard, and and do backboard taps. Jump as high as you can each time, and when you go up tap the back board with both hands. Go at a consistent rate. If you do this often, it will help with jumping.

2.) Toe Raises - I know it may sounds stupid, but this helps to build calf muscle, which helps you jump higher. Stand in your feet, and lift your self on your toes and go up and down.

3.) After doing these two things and your own workout you said you do, practice driving to the basket hard. However first i would trying just a dunk with no running start and practice that first. Once you get good at that, then practice driving hard to the basket, while dribbling the basketball.

PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!!!

Hope this helps, good luck!

"Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Until your good is better, and your better is best." ~Tim Duncan

* "Dare to be great." *

"Hard work, a positive attitude, confidence, and a smile are the keys to success."

Basketball is life....#14

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points