Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

352 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Oct 16, 2011 5:35 PM by Andrea in NB890s RSS
Andrea in NB890s Amateur 10 posts since
Jan 18, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 16, 2011 5:35 PM

Last Long Run before MCM and NYM

For my last long run before MCM (10/30) and NY Marathon (11/6), I ran an easy 16-miler during the morning up and down Emigration Canyon, followed by a quick 5K in the afternoon.

The weather here in Utah has been unseasonably warm so I’m thrilled that I don’t have to pull out my long-sleeves and running tights just yet. It might be one of my last few opportunities to run in a tank and a skirt. The temperature was a warm 50º at the start and about 65º by the time we finished the morning run. Straight up 82º for the afternoon 5K – maybe a bit too warm.

I’ve logged about 350 road miles (including the St. George Marathon) in my New Balance 890s and they’re holding up great! In fact, the exteriors are in near-impeccable condition. As for the inside, the cushion and stability are still as comfortable and pillow-soft as they were the first time I laced them up and went for a run. They’re definitely worth their weight in gold – all 9.7 oz of them! That's the same weight as an apple or three cookies, incredibly light.

Now, I’m getting anxious and excited for my trip out to Washington DC and New York to log a few more miles. Oh right, there’s a little tapering I have to do first. Just two more weeks. I hope my husband can put up with my crankiness between now and then.

Attachments:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...