Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

435 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Oct 18, 2011 9:17 AM by JoeLoureiro
JoeLoureiro Expert 44 posts since
Apr 21, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 18, 2011 9:17 AM

Long Week Ahead!

This week is planning to be a hard week as I get ready for the last long run (23 miles) this weekend, before the taper to NYC Marathon begins.

As I was still recovering from the half marathon on Sunday, I overslept a little bit Monday morning and didn't get a chance to ride my bicycle to boot camp. I did get to boot camp on time, and completed the half hour session. I brought my running gear to work so that I could go for a short run at lunchtime. Unfortunately, I was not able to fit it in. Guess that's part of life! Can't always do everything that you plan for! It'll just give the body some more time to recover.

This morning, Ken, my neighborhood running partner, who also ran the half this weekend, and I headed out at 5:15 for our interval workout. We have a cul-de-sac near us with 2 loops that we run in. We warmup for about 1.5 miles getting there. The center section is elevated, and both loops are lower, so that we get a small hill to run through during these interval sessions. You can notice the effects of the hill on the splits. The plan called for 5 x 800m at tempo effort with 2 minutes of easy running, followed by 4 x 200m at a fast effort with 200m rest. We took it a little slower today. Here are my splits for the 800's: 6:47, 6:51, 6:41, 6:45, 6:38 (pace per mile), and for the 200's: 6:02, 5:51, 6:16, 5:31.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...