Skip navigation

344 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Oct 24, 2011 5:51 PM by World's Hoppiest RSS
World's Hoppiest Amateur 8 posts since
Jul 27, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 24, 2011 5:51 PM

New Balance and Taper

Two weeks to go until the NYC marathon.  I have had many ups and a ton of downs throughout the training.  One thing that has held constant is the support of the REVlite 890's. I have worn tons of different shoes and this is the only pair that I have had were I have actually been excited to buy another pair.  I have gone through the Ambassador NB pair and have moved onto another pair of 890's.  This weekend the 890's got me through two tough runs. Saturday was a 5 mile run with a 10K race built in.  I participated in the Fast Pace 10K in Georgia. The race was a series of hills and technical turns.  This run was a taper pace run to get myself ready for race day.  Kept an even pace and came in10th  of a couple hundred and was 3rd in my Age Group.  Not bad for a training run.  Sunday I strapped on the 890's yet again for a 16 miler starting at MP+20% and ending the last 6 miles at MP+10%.  Total of 37 miles in two days and the feet feel great.  I am off today from all activity, due to recovery and a huge amount of work at the office.   I know if I could wear my 890's at work instead of dress shoes, the day would have gone by in a flash. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...