Skip navigation

1172 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 27, 2011 6:05 PM by Kzai01 RSS
Kzai01 Amateur 30 posts since
Oct 26, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 26, 2011 1:55 PM

Need help on my game, please answer

Lately I havent been playing well, I know when im practicing i am so comfortable with the ball, its like an extension of myself and can do almost anything, but soon as I step on the court it completly different, its not that I'm nervous, its just that Im not as aggressive, feel intimidated by players better then me, and I'm straight up not thinking and making stupid mistakes.If u got anything that can help me I'd appreciate it. God bless.

• FE3NFTW Rookie 5 posts since
    Sep 29, 2011
    1. Oct 26, 2011 8:30 PM (in response to Kzai01)

First off man you gotta relax. Be calm!!! Don't try to force things while on the court. Let things come to you. You also need some confidence. You KNOW that you are good and you have to KNOW that while on the court too.

• sweetballa02 Rookie 5 posts since
    Oct 27, 2011
    2. Oct 27, 2011 12:51 PM (in response to Kzai01)

Ok, like the first comment, you have to relax. Also, you must use your brain. The best basketball player is one who has excellent fundamentals and is smart with the how to play the game. Next, pick out your problems and think how you'll correct it. Ex. If u shoot and miss hitting off the front of the rim, think more legs. If u shoot off the back or long, think arc. Thinking like this and making corrections can easily benefit you.

• Coach Beez Legend 160 posts since
    Feb 4, 2010
    3. Oct 27, 2011 1:39 PM (in response to Kzai01)

Sounds to me like something I used to do. I too put players on a pedastal. I acted like they were better than me, when in reality, they weren't. I was the same way too, just like you!! I went to Notre Dame on scholarship and when I'd workout in the summer, I was ballin against cats. But as soon as practice started, and the coach was there, I totally tanked. I know why that was, finding out later in my life. I messed up and was not confident in those situations because I had created a scenario in my head that I WOULD FAIL.

You see, I was already predicting, and in many ways forming, the outcome. I worried about what MIGHT happen. I learned later in my career ( I played pro ball in Europe ) that I had created my own reality. Instead of enjoying every touch of the ball, every bounce, every shot, every MOMENT, I was thinking into the future.

I think this is what you are doing, and the only way out of that mental state is to live in the moment. Let what will come, come. And if it's a missed shot, let it pass you by, and get back into the moment. If you get your ball stolen, learn from it, let it go, and keep enjoying every moment.

Basketball is a great sport. It's not there to depress you, worry you, or stress you out. You do that, all by yourself.

You need to do just like the game itself does:  just be.

Good luck man.........and life is much more than a round ball. Remember that.

Coach Beez

Check out THE DUNKMASTA

www.zaciswack.com

Yo, what up fools?: It's me, " THE MAN " , Zac Ryan. Even though I'm a cartoon character, I can still ball chump! So if you like basketball, then come check me out and read all my comic strips at:

www.zaciswack.com

I'm out.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points