Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

692 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Nov 4, 2011 1:04 PM by JoeLoureiro
JoeLoureiro Expert 44 posts since
Apr 21, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 4, 2011 1:04 PM

My Running Teams

The ING NYC Marathon weekend is finally here! It seemed like it was so far away when I had just finished Boston in April, and was continuing with the training leading up to NY. I am excited to be running on Sunday!!

I was reading a recent blog from my friend Ken, where he talks about running being a team sport. I found it very enlightening, as I contemplate on all the "teams' that have supported me on this journey. Foremost, my wife and children, provide the support and encouragement to run and stay healthy. They've put up with my early morning runs, the long runs on the weekends, being spectators at cold, raining races, along with my recent focus on what types of food we eat. I agree with my wife that I drive them crazy on many occasions with my obsessiveness. A GREAT BIG thank you go out to them!

Then there are my early morning training partners, Ken and Will, pictured below after the Baystate Half Marathon. They've helped and supported me in making sure that I remained focused. They waited patiently in the dark, sometimes in the rain or snow, as I dragged my butt out of bed. Pushed me along during our training runs to make sure we all did our best and continued to improve. For their confidence in me, in allowing me to develop the training plans, and for their encouragement. As Ken's latest email states in reference to NYC Marathon: "No "good luck" is required - you're ready!". In my midday runs, my co-worker Ed and I shared our experiences as runners, and also as soccer coaches to our children. Thank you! Give me a week or two after NY, and we'll start this over again for Boston!!

2011 Baystate Half Marathon.JPG

I am also a team member in a very diverse group of runners from across the US when I was accepted to represent the New Balance brand through Active Ambassadors. Running with the 890 with REVlite has been a new experience for me. I was very pleased with how the shoes performed, along with the results that I've accomplished wearing them. I look forward to giving it my best on Sunday with the 890's. Thank you New Balance and Active Ambassadors for this great opportunity. Best wishes for a great run this Sunday to my fellow team mates, and look forward to meeting most of you in person this weekend!

Thank you to all my running teams!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...