Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

765 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 8, 2011 5:44 AM by BOSNPM RSS
Halfdozmom8 Rookie 1 posts since
Apr 5, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 6, 2011 10:00 PM

5K in a little less than 3 weeks

I am running my 3rd 5K Thanksgiving Day. My first was in June (38:14), second in July (41:24, in Hawaii heat and humidity). I trained for my first with C25K. Since then, I've been switching up walk/run intervals with 20-25 min. runs, 3 days a week. It's still not easy.  I am really slow (as you saw above) and am having a hard time getting much beyond 2.5-3 miles in my runs aren't getting any faster. This is all very new to me, and I am a reluctant runner, but love how I feel after a workout. What can I do between now and the race to help me be able to run the whole thing and MAYBE improve my time. I am 48 and am carrying about 25 extra pounds.

Thanks so much in advance

April

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points