Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

873 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2007 10:38 AM by BrettBH RSS
BrettBH Rookie 40 posts since
Dec 14, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 10, 2007 4:39 PM

Okoboji, Iowa

Is anyone planning on doing or has done the Okoboji Tri? How about RAGBRAI (bike ride across Iowa)?

• jennobenno Rookie 10 posts since
    Oct 11, 2006
    1. Jul 10, 2007 8:31 PM (in response to BrettBH)
    Re: Okoboji, Iowa

WOW!  We are going to Okoboji for a week in August!  We used to go there every summer when I was young, but haven't been back since!   I've not done the tri, but sounds like fun!

I have done two RAGBRAI's and my mom will be doing her 31st RAGBRAI this year!

RAGBRAI is such a fun experience! The scenery is beautiful, the food is wonderful, the people watching is the best! I know riding your bike all day, eating and drinking way too much, sweating in the humidity, sleeping in a tent and waking up to do it all over again, 7 days in a row, doesn't sound like fun to most, but to me and over 10,000 other riders, it is the greatest!

Jeni

----

My Profile[/URL" target="_blank">

• regiolanthe Rookie 296 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    2. Jul 11, 2007 8:08 AM (in response to BrettBH)
    Re: Okoboji, Iowa

2 x RAGBRAI in early 90's. Looking forward until kids are old enough so we can do it as a family ... Definitely one of the best weeks of my life (and responsible for the addition of the verb "to kybe" into the personal vernacular).

Go University of Okoboji!

Reg.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...