Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

480 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Dec 8, 2011 5:59 PM by ralexander82 RSS
ralexander82 Rookie 1 posts since
Aug 8, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 8, 2011 5:59 PM

Injuries and Pain

I started working out this past July, first with Cycling and gradually moving to running more.  Recently I have had Knee problems, that were solved by wrapping and new shoes, shoes blistering the back of my heel, fixed by new socks, and now very bad ankle pain.  I use exercise as my health plan as I don't have insurance right now and can't see a doctor about this.

My Question: What can I do to help my ankle feel better on my own?  Do I wrap, ice, rest, or do I need new equipment again?

I'm really learning as I go and teaching my family, this injury seems out of my scope to correct.  I would appriciate anyone's experience with ankle injuries or training knowledge in this area.  I know this is an extremely specific question, but I'm desperate to fix this problem.  I hate not being able to get out, now that I've developed this habit.

Thank You!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points