Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

535 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 8, 2011 11:38 PM by JamesJohnsonLMT RSS
barkingfrogseo Rookie 1 posts since
Dec 8, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 8, 2011 7:32 PM

Should I run with orthotics and ? about cleanse.

Ok I am 40 years old. I am 6ft5in and in the last year became very unactive. I have went from 230 to 282 lbs. This guy tells me to run with his orthotics because of my joints hurting so much. I agree that these might help but I want to know if anyone else has run with them before and if there is any advice they need to offer.

Also I am starting the cleanse. Any advice?

• JamesJohnsonLMT Legend 1,147 posts since
    Aug 23, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Dec 8, 2011 11:38 PM (in response to barkingfrogseo)
    Should I run with orthotics and ? about cleanse.

The cleanse will probably help with the weight thing, but be sure to accompany this with probiotics to replace what intestinal flora you will lose during this period.

Re: orthotics, due to your lapse in fitness I would procede very carefully, starting with walking, not running. The orthotics can't possibly replace the stability you've lost, or compensate for the weakness you may encounter on cleanse. Whatever you do, take your time doing it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...