Skip navigation

1139 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 16, 2011 2:25 PM by majorhoopsbasketball RSS
center23 Amateur 26 posts since
Dec 29, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 9, 2011 6:26 PM

Help with my game

So my last few games, ive had a lot of trouble scoring, and my last game, i couldnt do anything right. What can i do to just convert more???? I practice every day and i just have trouble converting, so any help would be appreciated.

• theworldofhoops Pro 52 posts since
    Oct 17, 2010
    1. Dec 12, 2011 7:12 AM (in response to center23)
    Help with my game

Here is the deal:

You need to stay positive.  Let the game come to you.  Often when we get frustrated we start "pressing".  Meaning - we try too hard.  What you need to do is be patient, stick to your strengths.  Try to do the easy things that get you points (get to the line, offensive rebound + put back, run the floor on the fast break for a lay-up).  These things help you start to build confidence and will give you a lot of momentum

Additionally, when you practice...do you have a great program?  Or do you just do whatever you feel like doing?  If you mix up your programming and work out intensely you will get WAY more results.

Check out this site: Basketball Training

for tons of great info, videos, etc.

Joe

www.theworldofhoops.com

joe@theworldofhoops.com

• ad32mh Rookie 4 posts since
    Dec 9, 2011
    2. Dec 12, 2011 3:52 PM (in response to center23)
    Re: Help with my game

Same thing has happened to me, but what i do is try to forget all the screw ups and stay positive. My best advice is to stay cool forget what you screwed up on move on and read the floor before you set and make the right cuts. If you play post a good move to make is a spin move when you're PG dribble drives so they can get you backdoor. Good luck!

• majorhoopsbasketball Rookie 5 posts since
    Jun 18, 2010
    3. Dec 16, 2011 2:25 PM (in response to ad32mh)
    Help with my game

Great advice from everyone about staying positive. My son went from playing 14U this past summer to 17U andwas having the same problem. I would also recommend checking out an AMAZING video that helped my players out (and my son) called Mandatory moves by Ed Schilling. The video focuses speciafically on scoring and finishing offensive moves. Hope this help and good luck!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points