Skip navigation

995 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2011 1:30 PM by skypilot77
quilterdebbie Amateur 18 posts since
Nov 24, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 10, 2011 9:21 AM

MCM 5 Year Patch

I completed my 5th MCM this year and received my 5 year patch.  Have not been doing much running the last few weeks after my face plant in the Rosaryville Veterans Day ultra (got 14 miles in though).  Am fine now and am going to do a 15K tomorrow and keep training thru holidays with B&A Trail Half Marathon and Bob Potts marathon in May.

My questions are:

1) What did you do with your MCM club patch?  I am thinking of the back of a black fleece hoodie might be nice.

2) Has anyone done Bob Potts in York, PA.  It looks like a nice flat trail run along the river and a good one to continue the downward trend in my marathon time.

• DaveVause Community Moderator 1,447 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    1. Dec 11, 2011 2:30 AM (in response to quilterdebbie)
    MCM 5 Year Patch

Put them on some cool jacket. Put each year on, with the 5 year, or just collect 5 year patches. I passed an old codger during this year's MCM. He had a single column of patches up his jacket, starting with 5 year and topping with what appeared to be a 35 year patch.

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,400 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    2. Dec 11, 2011 6:31 AM (in response to DaveVause)
    MCM 5 Year Patch

One of the "Ground Pounders" no doubt, Dave.  I think Jaffe (sp?) has a jacket like that.

I, on the other hand, have never gotten any of the 5 year patches.  Last year (2010), when I got to the Runners Club special run, I found they only had me for 5, when I was at 16.  I got that cleared up later, but still never got any patches.  I should write them.

Len

Len

• skypilot77 Legend 1,077 posts since
    Dec 16, 2009
    3. Dec 12, 2011 1:30 PM (in response to quilterdebbie)
    MCM 5 Year Patch

All the patches I have, including the 5 Year, sit in a box in a closet.

I just do not display stuff.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points