Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1032 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 14, 2011 6:30 PM by Jasko123 RSS
GinnyinPA Pro 150 posts since
Sep 29, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 13, 2011 1:58 PM

Groin pull?

During my last long run I felt soreness in the muscle that runs up to the groin.  Not terrible, but it hurt.  Walking for the past couple of days I felt no pain at all.  Today I did a 3 mile easy run on the treadmill, and at the end that muscle was sore again.   I haven't had any problems with it before.  I walked for a while and it didn't hurt at all, but when I attempted to speed up again, I really felt it, so I slowed to a walk for another half mile or so.  What am I doing wrong?

• Jasko123 Legend 461 posts since
    Apr 18, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Dec 14, 2011 6:30 PM (in response to GinnyinPA)
    Groin pull?

Hi Ginny,

Maybe consider some mild stretching exercises (inside leg raises) to strengthen the adductor muscle, and think about using elastic bandage/tape and cutting back your running to aid in recovery.  The only other thought is to double-check for some sort of foot imbalance that may be the primary cause. 

Hope you are feeling better soon!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points