Skip navigation

705 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2012 6:07 PM by 23AllDayEveryDay
23AllDayEveryDay Pro 155 posts since
Aug 1, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 20, 2011 6:32 PM

Please HELP! Need advice on situation immediatly

Ok so here is the situation:

i play on a school team that is overmatched. i am the only kid that plays AAU and the only kid that practices on their own

And i am the tallest player at 5'10 while most other teams have 8th graders 6'0 or 6'1

i am averaging 15  or 16ppg and 9rpg and we r 2-4 but on a 4 game losing streak

I am the only one with some skills to make things happen but i am forcing stuff and i am playing bad and my team is losing

It is just frusttrating. Can someone please tell me advice on how to play my own game and be succesful in this situation

without forcing plays and turnovers and getting myself frustrated???

• 21mamba Expert 52 posts since
    Jun 14, 2011

I have the same situation. So I just yell at them on the court till they get embarrassed enough to start wanting to play. Other than that i still havent found a solution.

• Coach Beez Legend 160 posts since
    Feb 4, 2010

Why don't you stop focusing on yourself and start trying to make the other players on the court better. I think that is a true sign of a great player: one that can make the rest of his team play at their highest level. I don't think you're going to gain respect by yelling at them. You gain respect by encouraging them, staying down to earth yourself, playing hard at all times, and never pointing the finger.

After each game, ask yourself:   what could I have done better to help us win?

If you play FOR the team, then success will come.

Good luck!

Coach Beez

Yo, what up fools?: It's me, " THE MAN " , Zac Ryan. Even though I'm a cartoon character, I can still ball chump! So if you like basketball, then come check me out and read all my comic strips at:

www.zaciswack.com

I'm out.

Feb 4, 2010

Can't wait! ; )

I'm sure you'll do fine and the team will love you for it.

Yo, what up fools?: It's me, " THE MAN " , Zac Ryan. Even though I'm a cartoon character, I can still ball chump! So if you like basketball, then come check me out and read all my comic strips at:

www.zaciswack.com

I'm out.

Feb 4, 2010

Awesome!!! Congrats!

Keep it about the team and it will work out. And remember, your goal every game should be to win, not be the leading scorer. ; )    Dive on the floor for loose balls, rebound, play great D, and be a leader by example and encouragement.

Keep it up ma man!

Coach Beez

www.zaciswack.com

I'm out.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...