Skip navigation

2258 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2007 7:44 AM by redcurlz67 RSS
wdtpga Rookie 2 posts since
Jul 9, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 9, 2007 12:56 PM

Unbelieveable amount of sweat

Don't know what's normal but I perspire 2-3 times more than the people I train with.  Two questions: 1) Should I be drinking water and sports drinks during training?  2) What can I use to keep the sweat out of my eyes.  Tried Sweat Gutr, Halo Headbands, HeadSweats and Sweatvac, all good for 20-45 minutes but after that worthless.  To make matters worse, I live and train in a high humidity area.  Training for my first full IM.

• DEADOCMIKE Pro 129 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    1. Jun 11, 2007 6:52 AM (in response to wdtpga)
    Re: Unbelieveable amount of sweat

I feel your pain. I am an incredibly heavy perspirer also.

I live in Florida, and training for  marathon down here is rough business. When I run over 12-13 miles, I usually wear camelback with 3l of gatorade in it. When I get back, I usually STILL have lost about 12 pounds of water.

I can usually get by if running 10 miles or less without bringing extra water with  me, but everyone is different. Try this, weight yourself naked before your run. When you get back, weigh yourself naked again. That will give you an idea of how much you need to replenish.

One thing I started to do was wear a heart rate monitor. As you get progressively more dehydrated, you pulse rate will increase, because your blood volume decreases. Be wary when it starts to get really high. Mine would get up into the high 170's and I would back off slow down, take some huge drinks until it came back down.

• redcurlz67 Amateur 39 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    2. Jun 21, 2007 7:44 AM (in response to wdtpga)
    Re: Unbelieveable amount of sweat

I would recommend that  you definitely take in some sort of nutrition "sports drink" during training.  The team that I am on uses Hammer Nutrition products and we are all VERY pleased with the results.  They make a product called HEED that I really like.  I've tried a TON of drink mixes and this is the one that I really like.  It doesn't contain simple sugars or artificial sweetners and doesn't have a really salty taste.

Check them out at www.e-caps.com and see what you think.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...