Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

6884 Views 99 Replies Latest reply: May 11, 2004 9:45 PM by derunner1 1 2 3 ... 7 Previous Next
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 13, 2004 8:35 PM

santa clarita,CA

I am high school runner in this area. Is their any other high school guys around here.

• hondarunner2 Expert 76 posts since
    Feb 16, 2004
    1. Feb 16, 2004 10:49 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: santa clarita,CA

orlando, this is marcus

• derunner1 Expert 124 posts since
    Aug 31, 2003
    2. Feb 19, 2004 11:12 PM (in response to Guest )

OK .. Orlando, Marcus, Mike, i hate to sound extremely bossy but the people in way cool running are very rite. We have taken over the board. I would really like to suggest an idea. All Hart related conversations should be taken place in this topic. If there is a conversation in waycool running that you want to respond to then go ahead respond. Another fun idea is that we each try to post one reply every day talking about your work out and how you felt about it. I will start.

Today we did 200, 400, 200 ,200 times two at what our coach considers mile pace. i dont think i have a mile pace. The whole time my coach threatend to put me in the faster group cuz i was going a bit .. fast .. I had a bit of oncoming hamstring pain on the secound set but feels much better now. I felt a bit of my shin splints after the workout but the usually dont hurt too much. ok so thats my report for today!

----

- derunner 1

running is like hitting your head against a brick wall, it feels good when you stop, but until then have fun.

My User Profile[/URL" target="_blank">

Feb 16, 2004
    4. Feb 21, 2004 4:14 PM (in response to Guest )

hey freshman, want to run tomorrow on sunday, or did you already run with Gio?

Feb 16, 2004
    6. Dec 22, 2007 2:59 PM (in response to Guest )

i am getting really really annoyed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/frown.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/frown.gif|border=0! I've been trying to email you for the past hour and nothing is happening!!!............ How about at 2:30 tomorrow.(at the school) I will give you my phone number later. K?

[http://This message has been edited by hondarunner2 (edited Feb-21-2004).|http://This message has been edited by hondarunner2 (edited Feb-21-2004).]

[http://This message has been edited by hondarunner2 (edited Feb-21-2004).|http://This message has been edited by hondarunner2 (edited Feb-21-2004).]

Aug 31, 2003
    7. Feb 21, 2004 9:45 PM (in response to Guest )

Wow i would love to run this weekend but i have decided not to because i irritated my shin splints on thursday and so i think the weekend off wouldnt be too awful.  Hey Marcus if you get this and you still need to you can e-mail me w/ you phone # and i can try to e-mail orladno. What kind of run do you guys plan on doing? Easy? Hard? i mean dont you guys have a long run on Monday? Well .. i hope yall have fun running in the rain! cause i think its supposed to still be raining.

----

- derunner 1

running is like hitting your head against a brick wall, it feels good when you stop, but until then have fun.

Feb 16, 2004
    8. Feb 22, 2004 9:32 PM (in response to Guest )

Our run on Sunday-We started on the southfork trail, went down orchard village and then to mc bean in the rain. Then we decided to go right past your house up hemingway. We rested for a couple of minutes on Falkner. On the way down it started hailing. (we have now been running about 40 minutes) We decided to rest for a few minutes and then when the hail stopped "freshman" went home and i stayed at my house. It was a very interesting recovery run.I only ran for 39 minutes and im guessing "Freshman" ran close to an hour.

Aug 31, 2003
    10. Feb 23, 2004 9:02 PM (in response to Guest )

OK! first of all i have a question .. whats up w/ "freshman"??? i dont get it so somebody better do some exlplaining!

Today ... i didnt run i left school at lunch with severe stomach pains. They really snuck up at me ..i was fine one secound and not exagerating at all , the next secound i was almost rolling in pain. So i came home and i feel much better .. a little blah here and there.

How was your guy's run today?? What did you guys do? Do you by any chance kno what the girls distance ran? i cant wait to hopefully feel better tomorrow so i can run, i mean its just a little under 2 weeks before our first meet. I hope you guys are feeling ready. i Kno i was until today. ok . im out! tty later bye

Aug 31, 2003
    12. Feb 24, 2004 10:33 PM (in response to Guest )

Sounds good Orlando... and i dont blame them from calling you freshman.  aha aha 

Well today was my first day back from 3 days off, yesturday being sick as im sure you all kno. However i came back ready to run today and i did just that. Today was our long run we ran Wal-mart ( 6 miles ) which is the farthest I have ran all at once ( yay! 2nd time!! ) and felt pretty good during the run. My arch felt really odd twards the begaining at the top of the hill @ McBean Pkwy. Other then that i felt pretty dang good especially after i passed Wal-Mart. After the run we just streched and my knee was hurting a bit more then usual, especially going up the hills. The best thig about this run ( ok one of the best ) is that i finished this run faster then i last time i ran it 2 1/2 weeks ago! ha ha ok .. well i have some studying to do ttyl later bye

----

- derunner 1

Aug 31, 2003
    13. Feb 26, 2004 12:52 AM (in response to Guest )

Today it was raining!!! it was so cool. We played a new game that was soooo totally fun. We had two groups and one was it and one wasnt and you switched off and on. And you used animal noises ... yea.. you really cant explain it. But it was a great work out cause you never stop running and it was almost like a fartlek. After that we did some pilates and then played high card low card .. ( won the first time!! ya! go me! aha aha ). ya .. then i was stupid at home and was messin round in my house .. ya kno just havin fun since its raining out side ..and i do this wierd thing and nxt thing i feel is my freaking ankle go   -- CRACK! -- and then i refused 2 walk on it 4 10 min and it still hurts really bad.  sooo its like an hr later and it still hurts pretty dang bad!  ok well im gonna go pack up some running stuff for tomorrow!! see yall then bye

----

- derunner 1

Aug 31, 2003
    14. Feb 26, 2004 8:53 PM (in response to Guest )

Today i really felt the pain from my ankle injury. I finished a little less then half the work out because of the pain. I basically did a mile at a 4-5 mile pace and my time was 7:43 which i really dont think was too bad.  ok .. well its throubing so im gonna go do some icing ... bye

----

- derunner 1

1 2 3 ... 7 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...