Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

747 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2012 6:24 PM by rhort
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 1, 2012 10:42 AM

Resolution Run 5K Reviews

Share your experiences with the Resolution Run 5K below Back to event details page.

• HeatherLynn84 Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 11, 2011
    1. Jan 1, 2012 10:42 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Resolution Run 5K Reviews

Well-organized.  Really liked the course.

• Miek4life Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 26, 2008
    2. Jan 3, 2012 10:55 AM (in response to Guest )

As an avid 5K runner, I've ran about 40 of them in my life time. With that said, the Resolution Course was the single worst course that I've ever ran on. The entire course was on grass (mostly), dirt and several mini hills. Many people who run 5Ks are competitive and run for time. The course may be fine for a casual runner but no for competitive runner. I won't run this 5K ever again as long as the course is on grass and dirt. The vast majority of 5k's are run on the street or at least on flat solid ground

• SARAHMONSON Rookie 2 posts since
    Aug 31, 2010
    3. Jan 5, 2012 10:19 AM (in response to Guest )

This was the first time I've done a Resolution run but have run several 1/2 and full marathons in the past few years. The course was well thought out and the sunrise and weather couldn't have been more perfect. The only thing I would suggest for next year, try to find harder ground for the course. Some of those sections of grass was a bit spongy and awkward to run on. And if, when announcing the winners, besides announcing the names, let us know their time too. Its inspirational to see someone in  your age group win an award but hearing their time might make me want to strive for that next year on this run. Overall I recommend this event for more 5k runners! Thanks for putting it together!!

• rhort Rookie 4 posts since
    Feb 26, 2009
    4. Dec 3, 2012 6:24 PM (in response to Guest )

I ran this race last year, and I plan to run it again this year.  I thought this was a great course, and I have a lot of racing experience - not just flat, easy road courses, but also cross country and trail races.  Racing isn't about just running time trials.  The organization of the race could be improved, especially after the race.  It took a little too long to give the results and awards.  Other than that, it was a good race.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...