Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

58365 Views 825 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2008 7:49 PM by Texas_Runner84 1 2 3 ... 56 Previous Next
GreenMan093 Rookie 331 posts since
Dec 14, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 30, 2005 11:26 PM

DFW runners! New thread

OK, I'll start 'er off ... anyone race this weekend?

----

Me![/URL" target="_blank">

Training and stuff[/URL" target="_blank">

• Cora5K Rookie 324 posts since
    Nov 24, 2007
    1. May 1, 2005 12:15 PM (in response to GreenMan093)
    Re: DFW runners! New thread

Why did we have to start a new thread?  Does it have something to do with it taking so long to pull up the threads with lots of pages? 
    No, I didn't race this weekend.  Did you?  Have you recovered from Boston yet?  Got any races planned in the near future?  At my last race, I won a certificate for one loaf of Panera bread, each month for a year.  The one in Cedar Hill is the closest one to me, so I drove out there yesterday to get my April loaf.  Got the Tomato Basil.  Pretty good.  I'll try a different flavor this month.  Any suggestions?  The mutli-grain and sunflower looked good to me.

Nov 24, 2007
    3. May 1, 2005 5:23 PM (in response to GreenMan093)

Give me the details on the Dublin 10K.  I've been wanting to do that for a while now.  But need to add some mileage of course.  Do I have time to do that?
    Yeah, I knew there was a Panera on University, just easier to head straight up 67 to Cedar Hill then to have to mess with that Fort Worth traffic.

• run4it05 Rookie 13 posts since
    Mar 14, 2005
    5. May 1, 2005 9:37 PM (in response to GreenMan093)

Hey ya'll! What a cool prize, Cora! Which race gave that to you? I think I know the Panera ya'll are talking about. I run right by there at lunch time, right along side the river. Gives you something else to look foward to each month

I ran the Mayfest 5K run yesterday...I dragged John (the bf) and his cousin, Cameron, along. John stayed with me even though I told him to go ahead (he did in the last 1/2 mile), and Cameron (who didn't want a time chip) zipped ahead and finished with 28:something. I got 44:46 and John somewhere in between.

The 10K was just a second loop around the 5K, so about half way through the second mile a couple guys went flying by us. lol...wow. One day I will be the flyer-byer.

Planning on doing the Buffalo Boogie Saturday. 

Nov 24, 2007
    6. May 2, 2005 8:04 AM (in response to GreenMan093)

Run4it05, it was the Zoo Run.  Good luck with your Buffalo Boogie.  I did that one a couple of years ago, but at the time, it was untimed and no awards or anything.  They called it a 5K back then, but it seemed longer.  I think now they call it 4 miles.  It's pretty out there, and welcomes dogs, but I didn't care for it.  They've made changes since I ran it though, so you will probably have fun.  Also, when I went, I ended up with a lot of stickers on my socks, so watch where you step.

Brian, I checked out your link and last year's results.  How is the course?  The only 10K I've done this year was the Haltom Stampede, and that was after doing the 5K.  So I think I can get myself up to par in time for this one.

• distancerun101 Amateur 46 posts since
    Mar 3, 2005
    7. May 2, 2005 9:57 AM (in response to GreenMan093)

Greenman, I looked at the dublin link that looks like a fun race.  wish i could run it but i will be at a track meet somewhere!   I ran the rev up your spirit this weekend and finished 3rd.  harder course than it looked on paper, lots of turns, plus a huge headwind from about 1 1/2 miles to just after the 2 mile mark. But the after race was awesome, they had a band playing while we waited for the awards and TONS of food! 

I was thinken about running the dino this weekend but I have to be somewhere by 10am and I dont think i can make it (or my dad can drive fast enough!) back from downtown. 

• distancerun101 Amateur 46 posts since
    Mar 3, 2005
    9. May 9, 2005 11:42 AM (in response to GreenMan093)

Anyone run the Dino this weekend?

• knik653 Rookie 14 posts since
    Jun 24, 2004
    10. May 10, 2005 3:40 PM (in response to GreenMan093)

quote:

Originally posted by distancerun101:

Anyone run the Dino this weekend?

I ran the 5K. How about you?

----

My Profile[/URL" target="_blank">

• knik653 Rookie 14 posts since
    Jun 24, 2004
    11. May 10, 2005 3:43 PM (in response to GreenMan093)

Anybody looking for a running partner in Fort Worth? I am looking for new people to run with.  !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|border=0!

----

My Profile[/URL" target="_blank">

Nov 24, 2007
    12. May 10, 2005 5:13 PM (in response to GreenMan093)

The Run On! store on Hulen has social runs every Wednesday at 6:00 pm.  You might try that.  They have runners with varying paces, and run some pretty good routes.

• Currently Being Moderated
    13. May 12, 2005 5:34 PM (in response to GreenMan093)

Hi-
    Please excuse my ignorance, but I'm assuming DFW is Dallas Fort Worth?

I'm going to be in the Dallas area next week (never been before) and I'd like to get some runs in, especially a 10 mile run next Wednesday. I'm going to be staying at the Embassy Suites in Frisco- does anybody know of a good, safe route to run around that hotel?

THanks!!

MIchelle

• pesiv Rookie 246 posts since
    Nov 24, 2002
    14. May 17, 2005 8:46 AM (in response to GreenMan093)

I'm unsure of the area around that hotel, but if you head south a little to White Rock Lake There's a 9.1 mile loop around the lake.  Its a great place to get in a run, relatively flat, there's ussually just a bit of wind off the lake to deal with at one point or another.  Enjoy your stay  !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|border=0!

----

"all of this pain is an illusion" maynard james keenan
    pesiv[/URL" target="_blank">

log[/URL" target="_blank">

1 2 3 ... 56 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...