Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

3321 Views 64 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2007 2:08 AM by evanflein 1 2 3 ... 5 Previous Next
robp099 Pro 114 posts since
Oct 9, 2001
Currently Being Moderated

May 14, 2007 7:02 AM

Monday May 14th run

WTH are you people... I never start this thread.  2 easy miles, 40 minutes of weights and abs.

• Holly S. Legend 1,828 posts since
    Nov 26, 2007
    1. May 14, 2007 7:10 AM (in response to robp099)
    Re: Monday May 14th run

Good Morning Boomers!

Thanks for starting us out, Rob.

X-training day: military presses, hammer curls, triceps extensions, bent rows, supermans, weighted squats, dead lifts, butt blasters and various ab stuff.

Jury duty today (first time). I borrowed my dad’s laptop so I could get some work done while I’m sitting in the hall. Makes my boss happy that I can multi-task like that.

Happy Monday!

----

Holly[/URL" target="_blank">

• perchcreek Legend 821 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    2. May 14, 2007 7:23 AM (in response to robp099)

Good Morning!

51:42 Water running AHR 150, kinda GA effort. Water was a comforting 87F....ahhh.

Have greta runs!

--

<br /><a href="http://interwovendesign.com/kick/userdisplay.php3?username=perchcreek" target="_blank">My Profile[/URL" target="_blank"><br /><br /><a href="http://www.highschoolrunner.com/article/0,7120,ss6-238-2635536-2-1-2,00.html" target="_blank">Water Running[/URL" target="_blank">

• Kimble053 Legend 233 posts since
    Jan 26, 2007
    3. May 14, 2007 7:30 AM (in response to robp099)

Hello, everyone!

Hope all you mothers had a happy Mother's Day yesterday! Second day in a row it has poured with rain here in the UK - I want some sunshine! !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/frown.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/frown.gif|border=0!

Cross-training for me today - 1 hour Pilates class! Next week we all have to be on our best behaviour as the class is being filmed for an exam our instructor is taking. Yikes!

Week 4 of the OHR tomorrow. Am planning to keep my speed the same throughout - 5.2 - as hopefully this will mean that by the end of the OHR the short run will be getting easier.

Have a good run/workout/rest today!

Kimble

----

"When the going gets tough, the tough put lipstick on!"
    Kimble

• ksrunr Legend 1,292 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    4. May 14, 2007 7:32 AM (in response to robp099)

morning boomers.  5.75 miles this a.m. @ 7:15's.   Hope for another 5 or 6 miles easier tonight.

have a greta day
    ksrunr

• dg9005 Legend 1,324 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    5. May 14, 2007 7:33 AM (in response to robp099)

I'm with you, robp!  Well, I'm also one of the late ones, but figured there'd be hundreds of posts by now...

morning boomers :-)

Holly, maybe you could catch up on some RR's.... of course after your work is done.

nice run, perch. glad you took an actual rest day yesterday.

Pilates workout #3, back leg lifts, & squats. some abs I didn't finish the other day. the PIlates was good because I didn't stretch much yesterday & walked like a pretzel when I woke up.

have a great day

• Caddisfli Legend 218 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    6. May 14, 2007 8:04 AM (in response to robp099)

4 easy untimes miles this morning.
    Have a great monday everyone,
    cfli

• Head Band Bill Legend 789 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    7. May 14, 2007 8:05 AM (in response to robp099)

My legs felt like they could have used a little 3 or 4 mile recovery run this morning - they know they ran 15 miles yesterday  - no pain, just a slight bit of that tight muscle feeling.  Anyway, I didn't listen to them and slept in till 6:30 AM.  Glorious!

An update on the Blueberry Pancakes I made yesterday. I'm actually the cook in the family so this is a bit embarassing, but I mixed the batter according to the Blueberry Muffin directions rather than the Pancake directions. I thought they looked odd as I mized them. Once I realized it, I thinned them down with some water and tossed 'em on the griddle.

They actually were quite good. The inner consistency resembled muffins but in the shape of pancakes. They were the devil to flip though as they wanted to tear apart rather than ladle up whole. But no one was the wiser (except you all now!) and enjoyed them regardless.

I am so proud of my DS (amost 19 yo). He bought his Mom a "Gator Mom" T-shirt, a beautiful vase and flowers, a musical M-Day card, and then took her out to the movies (sans me). He won some major DS brownie points yesterday I can tell you. He's going to make an outstanding DH for someone someday ...

Bill

----

Bill's Profile[/URL" target="_blank">

• roy c Legend 452 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    8. May 14, 2007 8:05 AM (in response to robp099)

Afternoon Boomers
    I'm with Kimble on the weather, send some of the good stuff over here. Thanks for starting Rob, Perch you are doing good in that water, Kimble & Debbie nice x training, fast ksrunr and private benjamin with the military presses !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|border=0!

I had a long (for me) slow (even for me) wet run. At last I am back into double figures. I was tempted to up the pace as it was so slow but I didn't, to keep the HR about MAF or 2 beats above.

Anyway: 10m 2:12:42 @ 13:16 AHR 133 62%

Good Runs To All
    Roy

• rochrunner Legend 974 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    9. May 14, 2007 8:45 AM (in response to robp099)

A strange one last evening. Went out yesterday hiking with my DW on a very sunny, beautiful Sunday afternoon. All was well until about a half hour after we got home, when my foot started aching, then hurting, and then being in quite severe pain. Nothing localized -- just felt like my entire foot hurt! I even took some tylenol and later some naproxin, which is rare for me.

Anyway, the pain subsided and there was just a little residual soreness when I got up this morning. I went back and forth on whether to run on it or not. I ended up going for it and it was just fine (and is still OK a couple hours later). But I'd sure like to know what was going on.

So, 4.3 miles this morning at about a 10-minute pace.

----

- Runnin' in Rochester

Rochrunner[/URL" target="_blank">

• Tramps031 Legend 735 posts since
    Oct 31, 2006
    10. May 14, 2007 8:56 AM (in response to robp099)

Holly--good luck with jury duty.  I did it a couple of years ago and it turned out to be very interesting.

Lots of cross-training on Mondays. Not me, just an easy 5.1 @ 8:37. ITB was a little twingy for a couple of miles but felt okay by the end. Much improved over last week's Monday run when I had to bail after two. (Cheryl, the foam roller thing is interesting and I think it helps. Anyway, it's easy and it doesn't do any harm.)

Garmin question:  If I have autolap set to 1-mile, at the end of a run, shouldn't the "average pace" and "average lap" numbers be the same?  They're not (off by almost 20 seconds this morning).  The "time" and "average pace" of each individual lap is the same, but the overall "average pace" and "average lap" are not the same.  I don't understand why.

• GrayDave Pro 184 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    11. May 14, 2007 8:56 AM (in response to robp099)

Tried out running on my sore left foot for the first time since last Monday and it feels OK.  Storms outside kept me down in the basement on the treadmill, but that might have been better than the hard sidewalk anyway.

Just 3 miles, but I am going to try a run every other day, increase the distance by a mile or two each run, and maybe I can still run the half on June 3rd that I'm already signed up for. No PR possible but it should still be a good run.

----

Dave[/URL" target="_blank">

• Peter NC Legend 323 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    12. May 14, 2007 9:08 AM (in response to robp099)

Good morning all,

A rest day for me. I was pretty wiped out last night from an exhausting day yesterday but I actually felt pretty good this morning...

I opened the pool yesterday, among other chores, and decided to do some spring cleaning....found my old 10' longboard hanging in the pool house. I decided to clean it up but doubt very much that I'll be using it again after 30 years....LOL

Good runs to all today...

----

Me [/URL" target="_blank"> - Saucony Hurricane 8/Asics GT-2100/New Balance766 - FR305
    My Running Log[/URL" target="_blank">

• LeftRightRepeat Pro 1,452 posts since
    Aug 16, 2007
    13. May 14, 2007 9:36 AM (in response to robp099)

That's a LONG surfboard!

Recovery day for me... 45minute pool swim - a bit more than a mile.

Run on Boomers!

----

->>> John[/URL" target="_blank"> <<<-
    Go write something in the
    Newbie Wiki[/URL" target="_blank">!!

• lyndenrunner078 Legend 421 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    14. May 14, 2007 9:49 AM (in response to robp099)

Nice easy 10K this morning at a 7:43 pace,beyoootifull sunshiny morning.Futures so bright I gotta wear shades!!!

----

Gordon
    My Profile[/URL" target="_blank">

1 2 3 ... 5 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...