Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

14575 Views 63 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2012 9:28 PM by deanscox RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next
  • ydiez Pro 113 posts since
    Nov 7, 2011

deanscox, I laughed a lot imagining the scene with the high school coach. I have to say that you handled the situation very well given the circumstances.

Just keep up the good work, I would advice to explore the surrounding area a bit more until you find the perfect place for you to exercise.

Current PB:

5k: 20:12 (December 31st 2012)

10k : 42:30 (March 9th 2014)

Half Marathon: 1:35:27 (February 3rd 2013)

I like half marathons! Nine completed so far and on PB shape. One to go!. Then it's marathon time.

Nov 7, 2011

As always, good job!

Regarding what you said a couple of posts ago:

deanscox wrote:

Weird, after have almost no knee/thigh pain for the last couple of routines, they were ON FIRE when I finished today.   I did do my best to "sprint" the last 150 yards of the final jog, but I don't think that should make that much difference....I walked through the pain for about 3/4 of a mile afterwards, but they HURT.  True to form, it is now about an hour and a glass of wine later  and the pain is fading rapidly...so there never seems to be any long term damage, just an older chassis going through the rigors of protest after so many years of inactivity.

I would say that some days your body is just not up to the task, I guess there are multiple reasons but sometimes you just cannot run at the same level. I would not worry too much, but I also would advice to listen to the pain. Generally these smal aches and sores just go away with a little rest and are just mildly annoying, but sometimes they are a little more serious and then you have to stop and heal them before going on. If you notice the pain not fading when you run (or even getting worse), probably then thats the moment to stop, get some more rest and maybe some R.I.C.E.

Current PB:

I like half marathons! Nine completed so far and on PB shape. One to go!. Then it's marathon time.

Nov 7, 2011

First of all, congratulations on your progress, I hope your muscle pains are improving too. On the other hand:

deanscox wrote:

As a side note, I just registered for a 5K on April 21 in Seal Beach.  Gonna try for 12 organized events in 12 months.

I think you are beginning to show clear signs of having caught the "running virus"... Welcome to the club and good luck in all your races, just remember to take it easy and stay healthy!

Current PB:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points