Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2077 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: Jul 4, 2012 9:01 PM by ShaunaBeth
Sindi3979 Amateur 37 posts since
Sep 9, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 9, 2012 5:56 PM

Starting w1d1 2/10/12 Anyone want to join me?!?!

It's been two years since I ran this program. It's been over 7 months since I ran and or worked out. Please tell me there are others out here like me! I need encouragement to keep me going. Any takers on wanting to start this journey with me?

• ShaunaBeth Rookie 4 posts since
    Feb 19, 2012
    1. Feb 19, 2012 11:51 AM (in response to Sindi3979)
    Re: Starting w1d1 2/10/12 Anyone want to join me?!?!

Hey!

How did your week go?  I hope it was wonderful!  Are you in W2 now?

I just finished W1 today.  It's my second time doing c25k.  Last time around (2010), I was about 30lbs heavier and was running at a 14-15 min pace.  This week I did my running portions alternating between a 9:14 and 10 minute mile.  A huge accomplishment for me and feeling great.

Happy to be your online running bud!

Shauna

Feb 19, 2012
    3. Feb 21, 2012 12:54 PM (in response to Sindi3979)

W2D1 today.  Managed to continue alternating between 6.0 and 6.5 on the treadmill (with 1.0 incline) and it was definitely more challenging than week 1.  Not quite feeling like 9-10mm is a "slow and steady" pace , though 10mm is surprisingly comfortable!

• Sharly Q Pro 92 posts since
    Mar 15, 2011
    4. Feb 27, 2012 5:57 AM (in response to Sindi3979)

Hi Sindi and Shauna!

I didn't see your post, and started another one for February starters! Please drop by that thread and let us know how y'all are doing! Since you are ahead of me, I could use your point of view

Take Care!!

Sharly

• Completed C25K April 2012
    • 51 year old female, who spent most of my adult life obese - now 65 lbs. lighter and looking for new activities

• Will participate in any event that has a finisher's medal - I'm in it for the bling!
    • Currently following a weight training program, Jamie Eason's LiveFit through bodybuilding.com
    • Goal: Return to running in a few weeks stronger and better, then focus on increasing speed
    • Currently sidelined by health concern - no strenuous activity until speicalist visit June 14th
  • ChristinaL215 Expert 60 posts since
    Sep 17, 2008
    5. Feb 27, 2012 7:46 PM (in response to Sharly Q)

Hi Ladies,

I started C25k (again, 4th try) today, so I'm a bit behind at W1D1. I've almost completed the program before, although I haven't run or had a serious workout in many, many months. I'm hoping to get back into the habit of being a regular at the gym, figuring out a way to run outside when the weather warms up (Massachusetts isn't the best place for outdoor winter running) and be in better physical health before I have kids.

I'd love to join this thread, I could use some motivation to keep me going towards these goals. Good luck with week 2!

What people say you cannot do, you try and find that you can. ~ Henry David Thoreau
    Feb 19, 2012
    9. Mar 10, 2012 10:46 AM (in response to Sindi3979)

Congratulations on getting back on the wagon!  I have definitely had times where I was more active, less active, more motivated, less motivated.   This life stuff is no joke!

How is your running going?

I am in Week 4 and still doing at least one run a week in my VERY HILLY neighborhood.  It's brutal when a steep grade coincides with a running portion but gives me a huge sense of accomplishment!  Pretty psyched for Week 5!

In addition to c25k, I'm doing yoga on most days (great post-run stretch, btw) and The Dailey Method (a brutal barre-based fitness class).  I'm currently on day 24 of my self-imposed 30 Day Fitness Challenge which I'm blogging about at:

http://www.pleasurenotpunishment.wordpress.com

Can't wait to hear how you're doing!

Shauna

Feb 19, 2012
    10. Jul 4, 2012 9:01 PM (in response to Sindi3979)

Hey Ladies!

How's your running going?

After a hiatus, I returned to running, finishing my first 5k about a month ago in 32:40.  I'm currently training for my first HALF MARATHON on 10/7 and loving running more than ever!  My most recent long run was 6miles and I can't believe how much things have changed.

I hope you're all well!

Shauna

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points