Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

494 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Feb 17, 2012 4:14 AM by jclick RSS
jclick Rookie 5 posts since
Mar 13, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 17, 2012 4:14 AM

Weekday runs... what's the best way to train?

My wife and I have been running for a little over a year now. The farthest we've run so far is 7 miles. We normally run 3 days per week. We've got a few runs we'd like to do closer to the end of the year and the beginning of next year. First we'd like to train for a half marathon. 2nd, we will be doing the Ragnar Relay down in Key West.

So heres my question. What's the best way of doing a long term training? Should we do a couple of 30 minute runs during the week and a long (7-10 miles) run on the weekend... or concentrate on say a couple of 5 mile runs on the weekdays and a longer run on the weekend... or run more days per week? It seems that every training plan I read is different. Thanks for the help!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points